Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
On the character creation screen if I choose one class preset, say Knight, then change it from human to elf; then the armor will go from looking badass to crap (personal opinion).

I'm just wondering. If I am very vain about good looking armor should I avoid playing elf in this case? As armor will adapt to your race and change in appearance based on that race?

Just wondering if the same pieces of armor changes appearance based on equipped race. I really wanted to play the elf origin character... but if my heavy armor looks like a bunch of feathers on her I'd rather not :P

A
stranger
stranger
A
A good amount of armor does adapt to your race. Which is unfortunate for the elves. Not that I dislike the tribal/nature designs entirely. I just wish they were limited as opposed to them somehow transforming most armor into completely different materials.

old hand
old hand
In the EA all armor changed to a special racial appearance. In the release some armors change and others don't. So you can have an elf in a clumsy generic heavy armor. I would say it is ok, more diversity. First I feared that the elven special appearance which I really like was gone, but it is not.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
In terms of "adapting", they use a different model for each race so it really depends on whether or not they decided to make them look alike: in some cases they do, in others they look totally different. Which I think keeps it interesting, though I agree that some of the elven versions are, er, an acquired taste.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
There are some stupid elven special looks, for sure. I like the "show skin" attitude of the elven armors. I don't like the extremely huge shoulder guards for example. You look like a headfirst Xmas tree. And mage shoes are barefoot on human males/sandals on human females, which I both find ok/creative, but very clumsy bear claw boots on elves. Never to be used.

By and large I find the armors in the game nicely done and varying, lightyears ahead of games like Pillars of Eternity or Dragon Age Inquisition where armors are diverse in the sense that each is a shirt-and-a-pants-with-boots-colored-differently.

Last edited by geala; 18/09/17 11:39 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard