Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by samuraicake
Originally Posted by Terodil
Early Act 1 is supposed to be easy / easier. You might want to continue playing a bit before renderering such judgement ("gamebreaking"). For example, thieving only works once per PC-thief/NPC, that means that yes, it can be an early boost, but such gear upgrades are one-time only (unless you exploit, but then you only have yourself to blame for breaking your game). In fact, I'm of the opinion that yes, thieving is broken, but broken as in "not worth the precious skillpoints", not as in "OP".

It's incredibly game breaking for someone that doesn't want to steal, the advantage you get seems insurmountable, I shouldn't need to steal, but that's all anyone gives you for advice on how to get gear or money.

You don't NEED to steal to beat the game. YOU simply WANT to steal because of the advantage it gives. What a shock. An Ability that you invest into gives you an advantage in the game. It's almost like that's the entire point.

D
stranger
stranger
D
The only change I would make to thievery is to eliminate all +thievery gear.

A chest can only be looted once to proc lucky charm...but with +thievery gear your whole party can steal from a guy one after the other. It's gimmicky. Swap all the +X thievery tags with +sneak tags.

I also agree that thievery is kind of 'strongly advised'. Weapons and armor values go up 10%+ per level so you're at a very large disadvantage if you're not constantly recycling all your gear. I think the game would be a bit better if the scaling were reduced significantly.

apprentice
apprentice
I almost feel there was a lack of dropped gear and LC filled in for that during the game for me. LC does feel very strong. I think the rate just needs to be toned down, and they need to let all party members benefit if one person has it. You should never have 3 people standing around while 1 loots an entire room.

Thievery... it's like they made it more annoying than DoS1 but not any more fun. It's still very useful, of course. I just don't look forward to it, unchaining people, trying to distract, sneak issues, ... bleh.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Lucky Charm and Thieving must be used to prevent the game from breaking.

on tactician it looks like gamesaving. So shitty loot and so expensive goods in the shops.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard