Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DDrawer Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi Everyone. Brand new to the game, brand new to the forums. Me and a friend played DoS1, and this time around we added 2 more friends. What I'm trying to say is I'm a total noob when it comes to DoS2.

So, we have about 7 short hours into the game, and I'm wondering how I want to build my character. I started off wanting to be a strictly damage nuker mage type, and began with the Wizard class with pyro and geo skills.

I'm quickly seeing that some escape may be necessary, and poly seems to have that covered with chameleon cloke, and spread your wings. Plus skin graph seems pretty great to reset cool downs of my damage spells.

I'm also seeing that we could benefit from an additional damage soak. So I was looking at summoning.

I was wondering if it might be valid to build heavy into pyro, put a couple points into poly for the escapes, and a few points into summoning for the incarnate? Even it the incarnate is super weak, it should still take a hit or two away from the party. What do you guys think?

Other party classes are a fighter/tank type, vampire knight/off tank/phys dps type, and a hydro/aero buffer/healer type.

D
DDrawer Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Maybe I need a TL:DR?

TL:DR - Does putting the majority of points into Pyro, and then some points into Poly and Summon make any sense?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Summoning spells only scale off of level/skill level. If you don't prioritize it your Incarnate and Totems will fall off, hard. It'll just end up being a waste of points.

D
DDrawer Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
[quote=Alverdine]Summoning spells only scale off of level/skill level. If you don't prioritize it your Incarnate and Totems will fall off, hard. It'll just end up being a waste of points. [/quote]

I would strictly be using the incarnate has a shield. So I would think, even at it's worse, it would still take one hit away from the rest of the party correct? Maybe it would be okay if I make Summoning my secondary? For example if I had 6 in pyro, 3 in summon and 1 in poly, then scale it that way.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
2 points in summoning give you access to dominate mind, soul mate and rallying cry.

3 very awesome skills =)

instead of 2 points plymoprh for wings you can also rely on cannibalize for nice survivability. use planar gateway to move around. those two points you save in poly and invest into summoning will greatly boost your summons and actually make them viable. descent damage and tankability all of a sudden.
Fire tree also has the fire slug available for you, which is a nice summon.

summoner actually has great support skills to help recover shield and health.
e.g: use soul mate on an ally in trouble then rallying cry on yourself and cannibalize for a nice burst heal of vitality magic and physical armor all at once.

charming is definitely the best cc there is, as you don't jus disable the victim, but also turn its cooldowns against the enemy team. so you prevent damage to your team redirect it to the enemy team and also spend the enemies cooldowns.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by DDrawer

I would strictly be using the incarnate has a shield. So I would think, even at it's worse, it would still take one hit away from the rest of the party correct? Maybe it would be okay if I make Summoning my secondary? For example if I had 6 in pyro, 3 in summon and 1 in poly, then scale it that way.

Yea it's perfectly fine to use Summoning as a support skill and not dump all your skill points into it. In fact certain summons require other skills to summon them, like you can summon a Fire Slug with Pyro + Summoning and an Artillery Plant with Geo + Summoning.

There's so many different builds that can work in this game. Also keep in mind as you progress you'll gain access to an item that allows you to redistribute skill points as necessary. So you could get rid of summoning if you don't want it anymore or go crazy and go pure summoning while using the other skills to just support it.

Incarnates get Provoke by default and can even help heal your party if you summon them from a water surface or use Water Infusion.

As far as polymorph, most abilities you're going to want don't require much investment in polymorph so feel free to just add 2-3 points to it and then ignore it.

Though keep in mind even 2 points in Scoundrel and/or Huntsman is helpful just for Cloak and Dagger and Tactical Retreat. Being able to teleport around the map for the low cost of 1 AP comes in handy a lot.

Last edited by Nokturnel; 21/09/17 05:00 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard