Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Logic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just started modding, so I am a beginner.

I'm starting to work on creating a class that is similar to D&D's Alchemist.

I'm working on making a skill function like Mutagen. I'm going with a "shout" skill that works like polymorph. It will give you some skills, and increase some physical stats, while decreasing or magic stats.

What I'm having trouble with is making a "potion" that the skill will call to give me something like str+5, fns+5, int-10. I can get the skill to give me skills and the buff, but the buff will only give me + or - 1 of all the primary stats.

I think it has something to do with the stackID, which is set to "strength" on large strength potions, and gives str+11. I tried using that on my skill, and still didn't work, unless I changed it to only buffing str.

Anyone know how this works?

Logic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well I did some more testing, by removing stats one by one from the large_strength_potion, I found out it has nothing to do with stackID.

It's actually governed by the Act part stat. By changing this number it acts like a variable that multiplies the attribute by some amount. I set it to 12 which gave me a 1 to 1 ratio.

At this time I'm unsure what other effects it has.

stackID is what excludes the effect from others of the same stackID.

Consider this: one effect with stackID, say, "Strength" is present on the character. When a second effect with stackID "Strength" is applied, the first will be removed while the second is applied.

Act part is the main value for statistic scaling, like one might imagine as its level. As such it will contribute to scaling pretty much every other value within the entry; like gold value or, as you have observed, strength.

Last edited by Ameranth; 22/09/17 01:04 AM.
Logic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

So does Priority determine which effect would be lost then?

Also, do you know if you can create your own stackID's?

You can create your own stackIDs simply by typing in an original name.

I'm not certain how priority works just yet, it's new to DOS2. I would guess it's probably what you've thought it is.

Logic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Awesome! I just checked it out and it works. Thanks for the help.

I did some testing with Priority and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the overriding of buffs. The skills just replaced each other.

I just created two identical skills with slightly different stats, and different Priorities. So further testing could prove otherwise. I haven't looked at the relationship between different Strength Potions and how they override each other to see if it can be done at all.

old hand
old hand
Not sure if priority does anything for potion effects, but I think it works for the actual statuses.

Logic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Awww I see that there is a stackpriority in the statuses, so that might be where it's done. As far as the statuses effects, they are mostly, if not all, called from the stats_potions.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard