Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Logic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Does anyone else have to restart the editor for some of their stat changes to take effect?

Most of the time when I change display names or descriptions, or other variables, I have to restart the whole thing to see those changes while testing.

I've tried reloading the level, reloading stats, and reloading project. Nothing works other than restarting whole editor.

After working on one skill, I must have opened and closed the editor 30 times. Quite time consuming.

apprentice
apprentice
That's odd, it isn't an issue I have though... Maybe try verifying the engine's files if you're using Steam?

Logic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the tip, I just checked. I did have one file non-verified. Hopefully that was the issue. I will post back after I try it out some, to let you know.

This could be the reason it crashes 35% of the time on exiting, unless that is common for others as well?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Logic
Thanks for the tip, I just checked. I did have one file non-verified. Hopefully that was the issue. I will post back after I try it out some, to let you know.

This could be the reason it crashes 35% of the time on exiting, unless that is common for others as well?

The crashes on exiting is an issue I experience too, so sadly that's likely not the cause.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I've had to restart the editor for new statuses to build correctly in the script editor - otherwise it acts like those new statuses don't exist.

Skill names / descriptions can be wonky too. Loading up the localization editor, refreshing, and looking at names / descriptions seems to get them to sometimes load correctly.

Recently, I had a weird bug where status descriptions were mixing with skill descriptions, or displaying descriptions from other statuses. Restarting the editor fixed it.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard