Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Saleza Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
We just finished killing the black ring at the ancestor tree, so the advocate and his guys appeared. The advocate said something like "now the infestation has been cleansed, go about your business", but we are immediately put into combat with him and all of his guys, no chance to talk to them. Is this a bug or is this some weird betrayal?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey i just had this problem, don't know if you gave up on it but i loaded up an earlier save and while talking to the advocate went with the dialogue option, *Demand to know who is behind the voidwoken* and passed a persuasion check which puts you into an encounter with the advocate and his minions as allies.

Then after finishing the black circle encounter he was no longer hostile. I'm not sure if that will work for you but going with that dialogue option and doing the encounter was literally the only difference between the advocate entering combat with me after the black circle encounter and him not entering combat with me.

I really hope this helps because god that was frustrating for me.

T
stranger
stranger
T
By the way, I've found the cause of this issue. If you have a summon out when you complete the black circle encounter near the tree, when the Advocate and friends appear they instantly become hostile and attack. If the summon dies and you flee the battle they become non-hostile again, but it's too late because the Advocate will not talk to you and the quest breaks.

So do not have a summon alive when you complete the battle. I tested this twice, it's definitely the cause.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard