Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621548 26/09/17 02:03 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Why? It was mediocre but fun at best and now I guarantee no one uses it (our group didn't).

Poor choice, a mod should not be needed to fix bad choices like this

Last edited by CamKitty; 26/09/17 02:03 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I think I saw someone mention that there is. Hopefully someone can link it for you as I don't know where it is.

C
OP Offline
C
I have the mod, I'm just saying it's a bad choice and makes the skill garbage tier based on a poor design choice. i would love if it just was a normal skill again like before

veteran
veteran
In it's present state, it probably doesn't have a lot of in-battle application given it lasts for only two turns and enemies get to curse stuff for free. AND the turn order is round-robin so they can even counter it faster.

EDIT: If Larian thinks that would be too OP for some reason, maybe take away the source point cost and in exchange boost the AP cost up to 2 or 3 so using it is a more tactical choice.

Last edited by Stabbey; 26/09/17 02:58 AM.
C
OP Offline
C
Why boos AP cost? It's GARBAGE tier. Just lose the source cost. Then if nothing else it's a tug of war against the cursed surfaces the game spams.

Then again the source point "mechanic" ruined a lot of spells =/

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CamKitty
Why boos AP cost? It's GARBAGE tier. Just lose the source cost. Then if nothing else it's a tug of war against the cursed surfaces the game spams.

I guess that's fair. But Larian probably will be reluctant to switch it back without some cost, since if they didn't think it was too good, they wouldn't have added the Source cost.

Sil Offline
apprentice
apprentice
It does seem p. overpriced for an objectively mediocre buff that outside of story purposes is useless in 9/10 applicable situations.

T
T
I agree, especially with the game tossing around curse/cursed surfaces like there's no tomorrow. I think that putting bless in line with 'rain' (also used to clear fire surfaces, costs 1 ap) isn't outrageous at all.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Playing through the game with 3 friends, we are near the end now we think.

We have yet to cast bless a single time in combat.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Eh? Bless is garbage tier?
I downloaded the mod to remove the source cost last night and immediately saw how useful it can be; I used it to bless fire surfaces, at which point they stopped harming my guys and healed them instead (apart from poor ol' Fane).

So I don't think it's garbage at all, but I have problems with skills being gated behind source points too.

Bless is definitely a weak spell, let alone a source spell; simply because Curse reverts it and many of the late-game enemies either have Curse or bleed cursed surfaces. That said I don't think it's unredeemable, if it simply overrode all surfaces it would be a fine spell.

Which is to say cursed surfaces, instead of going neutral, turn blessed; and curse not being able to affect this particular surface nor having this surface be overridden by other neutral surfaces. It's not that the spell is inherently weak, just that when there are 10 Curse cowboys hipfiring their debuff there is no point to waste precious source on turning necrofire into regular fire.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Mungrul
Eh? Bless is garbage tier?
I downloaded the mod to remove the source cost last night and immediately saw how useful it can be; I used it to bless fire surfaces, at which point they stopped harming my guys and healed them instead (apart from poor ol' Fane).

So I don't think it's garbage at all, but I have problems with skills being gated behind source points too.
It's garbage because it costs source points and because of the round-robin turn orders.

As a spell in itself it's perfectly fine.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I agree, Bless shouldn't have a cost just like in Beta. I never used it in the full game because it's just not worth 1 SP.

old hand
old hand
I used it in the Gwydian fight. I could accept it as source skill. My biggest gripe is that it does not turn a cursed surface into a blessed one, to help you at least momentarily. To use two blesses for this, no thanks.

addict
addict
Bless should actually have a source cost but get buffed to have other usages.

With how the power work, Bless should function like curse toward demons, voidwoken and those sword to the godking. A debuff to accuracy, dodge and resist that goes through immunity.

If it works like that, bless will have a use in boss fights where bless can be used to help everyone deal more damage and receive less damage from the increased dodge chance.

Last edited by Ellezard; 26/09/17 02:27 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Oh it's great if you use it with a summoner. You bless the ground and summon your turret/goblin monster.. Try that =)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard