Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello, I want to make a mod that I think it's simple, but since I don't know nothing about coding it's not that simple for me, what I want to do is a Mod that makes when you hold ALT it shows the containers as well instead of only the items that are on the ground, so when you hold ALT it will show the barrels, crates, corpses to loot and so on instead of only showing itens that are on the ground, and with that I want to make it toggle, so instead of having to hold ALT the whole time, you could just press ALT do turn it on and ALT again to turn it off.

I downloaded the DivinityEngine but I have no idea how to do it, I am probably missing something since it only shows to me the game models in the list, probably I need to got to a different place to find what I want, but as I said I don't know sh*t about coding and modding as a whole.

Thanks in advance.

addict
addict
Hey Shishkebab,

happy you're interested in modding, but I'm sorry to inform you that the ALT functionality is not moddable. This is a simple game function like how clicking makes you walk and is done in our engine code, which can't be altered. You could post a request on the game feedback forum for the toggle functionality, that's really good feedback for us smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
@Shishkebab - as a workaround you might be able to do an autohotkey script... not sure how well that would work, but it's worth exploring.

Here's a thread from someone trying to do the same in Witcher:
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/40745-alt-ctrl-toggle/

Last edited by JRavens; 03/10/17 02:59 PM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Shishkebab
when you hold ALT it will show the barrels, crates, corpses to loot and so on

This is easy, but there's a bug where properly set-up objects won't display tooltips. This bug affects items like Rope and Playing Cards.

Basically, what you need to do is go through all your desired Root Templates and set their Tooltip Type to WorldAndHover.

Originally Posted by Shishkebab
I want to make it toggle, so instead of having to hold ALT the whole time, you could just press ALT do turn it on and ALT again to turn it off.

You don't want to keep ALT on. Holding ALT while looting delays the rate at which you pick up items.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by fireundubh
Basically, what you need to do is go through all your desired Root Templates and set their Tooltip Type to WorldAndHover.

I went ahead and did this for 434 items in Let There Be Tooltips!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard