Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#624715 01/10/17 08:58 PM
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey all,

I've recently been creating some custom skills in the divinity editor and have been having some mixed results when testing them in GM Prepare Mode.

The major issue I've been running into is that it when I make changes to the skills in the editor it doesn't seem to update the mod in DOS 2 every time or at all, and when it does it seems to be at random. Not sure exactly what has been going on with it to be honest.

I thought at first that maybe you had to create a new game session in order to have the most up to date version of the mod, but then I updated my mod and created a new GM Session and it wasn't updated, so that's not it.

So far I've created a healing skill that uses restoration as its base, but I've tweaked its radius, cooldown, icon, and magnitude of healing and have managed to get that part in game after some hassle quitting and loading and creating new GM Sessions and such, but then I edited its description, saved and exported it in the editor, quit the editor, fired up DOS 2, created a new GM session with my mod activated, only to find the old description still being used.

1) Anyone have any clue how this stuff is supposed to work, if there is just a delay for some reason, or it just updates in game by random happenstance?

Edit: Well, I've gotten the description working in game but when I set its skill properties as REGENERATION,150,0; it still retains the same healing amount in game as the base restoration skill on the same NPC without the two turn duration, so the duration edit is working but the magnitude is not. Odd stuff. Here's the stat editor entry:

DivineTouch Target Yes None Novice 1 -1 REGENERATION,150,0; 2 No Yes No No 0 0 Character No No No Skill_Water_ChainHeal |Divine Touch| |Heal wounds to yourself and others through your blessed touch. Cures Poisoned, Bleeding, and Diseased.| 100 skill_prepare_divine_01_start skill_prepare_divine_01_loop RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Prepare_Divine_Root_01,KeepRot,Detach:Dummy_Root;RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Prepare_Divine_Hand_01:Dummy_R_HandFX:hand01;RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Prepare_Divine_Hand_02:Dummy_L_HandFX:hand02 skill_cast_self_water_01_cast skill_cast_self_water_01_cast cast RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Cast_Self_Water_Root_01;RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Cast_Self_Water_Hand_01:Dummy_L_HandFX;RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Cast_Self_Water_Hand_01:Dummy_R_HandFX RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Restoration_Impact_01:root:cast RS3_FX_Skills_Water_Restoration_Impact_01:root:cast DISEASED; 100

2) does anyone know of a list of all conditions, statuses, and properties in the game with a short description of what they actually do? For healing skills I've found Regeneration, Healing, and Chain_Heal under skill properties on various skills in the editor, but can only surmise their differences from seeing them in game. I've found the docs.larian.game/Skill_creation page but it doesn't seem to list them all.

Last edited by Ghatt; 01/10/17 09:41 PM.
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
I think I've actually figured out where I was going wrong. Once you change a field in the stat editor, be sure to click onto another field before you save and export or the change you just made won't take. The game is updating with my mod just fine now.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
There's also a Save button. Ctrl+S will save, too.

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Still having some oddities when adding new skills to my mod when using a GM session that was created with a version of the mod that predates the new skill. The old skills seem to update, but the new ones don't show up. Started up a new gm session with my mod without going back into the editor and the new skill showed up just fine. Seems there are some issues here with existing gm sessions and mods that add skills.

journeyman
journeyman
The healing amount can be modified in the Status_Data, not directly in the Skill. You have to copy the status REGENERATION and create a new status from it, change its name and healing value (else it will impact the vanilla skills), and attribute this new status to your skill in place of REGENERATION. After that you have to save and restart the editor in order for the change to take effect.

Last edited by Volsungh; 02/10/17 08:08 AM.
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Volsungh
The healing amount can be modified in the Status_Data, not directly in the Skill. You have to copy the status REGENERATION and create a new status from it, change its name and healing value (else it will impact the vanilla skills), and attribute this new status to your skill in place of REGENERATION. After that you have to save and restart the editor in order for the change to take effect.

Thanks, Volsungh. I never would have even thought about creating a custom status effect. Great tip.

addict
addict
Hey Ghatt,

about new skills not showing up in existing campaigns. This is a known bug: the skill list only gets made on campaign creation. We have a fix for that which should solve the issue and be included in a future game patch smile

CTRL+K the elf
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
Hey Ghatt,

about new skills not showing up in existing campaigns. This is a known bug: the skill list only gets made on campaign creation. We have a fix for that which should solve the issue and be included in a future game patch smile

Thanks Kevin, thought I was going insane there, lol. Glad to hear you guys are on top of it.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard