Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Looking to create a new skill based off of the skill Adrenaline and I was just curious if someone could elucidate what the number values and double commas in Adrenaline's Skillproperties mean and what they do.

Adrenaline's skill properties are as follows below:

Adrenaline, 100,-1,,2,2

I gather the adrenaline tag points it to some scripting on how the skill works, and I'd imagine that one of the 2s here means 2ap added and the other has to do with the duration, but what do the number 100, ",," and -1 do? I've tried to tweak these numbers and all it seems to do is make a skill that looks pretty but does nothing.

What I'm aiming to do is create a skill that gives a 2 ap bonus to the character that same round and doesn't subtract those ap from the following round. What I've tried doing is setting skill properties of the new skill as follows: Adrenaline,100,,2,0. I've tried a few other permutations and still nothing.

The new skill should be usable once per combat, and yes, I know how to do that just fine, and should give the character 2ap to use immediately. If anyone has any knowledge that could clarify what I mentioned above, or have any suggestions I would definitely appreciate the help. Thanks.

Edit: I believe I figured it out, although I'm still not 100% sure what all the numbers and commas indicate, but the last 2 does indeed indicate the number of AP gained and deleting the -1 keeps it from subtracting the AP on the next round. So with "Adrenaline, 100,,2,2" you get a skill that gives the character two AP immediately which takes their base AP from 4 to 6 and returns it to 4 the next round assuming you used all 6 of your AP.

Last edited by Ghatt; 01/10/17 11:32 PM. Reason: Update
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
I'm pretty sure the 100 is the chance of applying a status effect (in this case the Adrenaline effect), and the -1 is the duration of the effect (-1 meaning indefinite). I would guess that the 2's refer to the AP gained and lost but you would need to test to be sure.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard