I've been trying to figure out how to alter the Staff of the Magus effect in order to create a unique looking skill/spell. I've been reading various threads, but none seem to include all the steps necessary to do so. I'd imagine I'll have to edit the casteffect field in the stat editor to something unique, create a package with that unique name, and then somehow bring it into the allspark editor. Of course, that's easier said than done. Currently the field is filled with this:

RS3_FX_Items_Weapons_Cast_Weapon_Root_01;RS3_FX_Items_Weapons_Cast_Weapon_Hand_01:Dummy_R_Hand;RS3_FX_Items_Weapons_Cast_Weapon_Hand_01_Texkey:Dummy_R_Hand:cast

I don't want to start from scratch with the effect, just edit the size, coloration, and velocity.

So, my question is: Do I override the entire field with something new, or just alter one of the items and does anyone know of a step by step tutorial or guide or thread that details this process? I looked on the docs page but it only covers how to edit the effect once it's in the allspark editor, not the steps on how to get it there.