#629898 11/10/17 07:48 PM
J
jonpfl Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
All,

Just picked up this game after reading a bunch of positive things about it.

My wife and I are in first city/town and not really sure how to proceed. If we leave town, we end up getting attacked and killed right away.

When we open up our log, we see that we have like 10 quests/entries BUT when we look at the quest map, we only see 4 yellow markers. What are we missing?

We tried digging up some graves but we get attacked and die quickly.

I believe we both just attained level 3. Should we be focusing on stealing stuff to make money?

Thx
jonpfl

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
You don't need overt stealing to make money in this game. By mid-game, you'll be filthy rich. Stay in town and finish as many quests there as possible. Some graves need dug up more or less but some are instant death it seems - problem is, there's no way in game to know so I guess the best thing to do is save a lot. Don't ignore any place in the city - lots of tasks start there that don't require combat. When you do leave the city, do so to the side where it rains all the time. The militia commander will steer you in that direction in his conversation with you. You can also increase your party to four in the city I think there are three possible candidates and their help makes things much easier. That's about it. It is quite tough in the beginning so time is best spent building levels. I don't remember about what level most are when they leave the city but I didn't do so until I had no other option.

Last edited by caninelegion; 12/10/17 03:06 AM.
I think the death penalty for digging up graves is there to discourage players from digging up every grave they find. You should only dig up graves (you think) you have a good reason to – like in real life. wink

There are four potential companions in Cyseal. One is harder to find than the other three, it comes with his profession. cool

Try to use the elements to your advantage: oil your enemies, then burn them; make them wet, then freeze them; burn water on the ground to create a steam cloud you can hide in etc.

If anything fails, you can switch the difficulty between Classic (= normal) and Explorer (= easy) freely during the game. From the harder modes Tactitian and Honor there is no way back, though. See http://divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Difficulty+Modes for the differences between the modes.

Have fun and experiment much, D:OS is made for that.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I used to play this game months ago and was a frequent poster on this forum... but got sidetracked. I want to dive back into playing, but I have a quick question. It was covered before but is no longer posted.... when I head north of Cyeal, I found a cave with a rather large robot.I have a controller somewhere in my inventory, but I don't know how to use it. Can someone help me?

Do you remember where you got the controller? There is a manual for it somewhere in the same location.

Spoiler (mark text to read or stop reading now if this is an e-mail notification):

It's lying around in Arhu's laboratory.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I really want to get back into this game, and I will read my log book to get the storyline down, but no I don't recall where I got the controller. Can someone please give me a small hint to get me started?

I already did, just mark the big "empty" space below my line "Spoiler …" all the way down with your mouse, then you'll see the black-on-black text with the hint. rpg006

Quoting my post above will also reveal it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard