Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CuznJay Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Loaded up a save game from my group's previous session and now half of the player can join, but the other two have the game crash right at the end of the loading screen.

Any help?

Custom GM Mode Levels Mod Add-On (Steam)(Nexus)
Hello!
Do you use custom made mods? If yes, which? Does all peers have that mod downloaded from same source? Does all peers have same version of the mod?

Are all 4 of you using steam or gog? Do you using "direct connect" option? Do people join one by one or all simultaneously? If all simultaneously - i think you should try to join one by one. There was report of problem on that front.

Have players submitted error report via tool upon crash?

And as final - is everyone have a same version?

Last edited by Seter; 13/10/17 11:21 AM.

Rocks fall, everyone dies
CuznJay Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Seter
Hello!
Do you use custom made mods? If yes, which? Does all peers have that mod downloaded from same source? Does all peers have same version of the mod?

Are all 4 of you using steam or gog? Do you using "direct connect" option? Do people join one by one or all simultaneously? If all simultaneously - i think you should try to join one by one. There was report of problem on that front.

Have players submitted error report via tool upon crash?

And as final - is everyone have a same version?

Yes, there are custom mods being used. We loaded a new campaign without mods and it loaded for everyone just fine. However, as soon as we used a custom mod in a game only two players could get in and stay in. I invited all players one by one and it still didn't work.

We all have the same versions of all games, mods, etc. we're using, and we're all using Steam. Direct Connect didn't work. Errors reported.

Last edited by CuznJay; 13/10/17 02:00 PM.

Can you give a list of mods you're using?

Last edited by Seter; 13/10/17 02:03 PM.

CuznJay Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I included the mods in the email I sent you.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello, i am having the same problem, we are not using any mod, we started playing a GM campaign i downloaded from workshop and it worked fine yesterday, we are using Direct Connect as two of us have the GoG version, and today when trying to load the campaign i cannot get the players to connect, a message saying "installation 100% complete" appears for them and nothing happens then.

I have tried then to just create a new save and again same error and unable to join the game, tho me as game master i see the "player join" message when they try but they cant do anything else.

Please help we were having such a nice game :)

R
stranger
stranger
R
I am also having this problem except I get error 302 and get booted to main menu rather than a crash. I have two version of my custom GM campaign saved. One that has mods enabled and one that does not.

Both versions of my campaign get this error when attempting to start a new game.

Last edited by Rekuul; 14/10/17 11:07 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Ok i found a solution, even we were using no mods for our campaign, i tried removing all mods from my game folder and then it worked so i am guessing one of the last mods i downloaded was causing problems.

Originally Posted by Sabedaz
Ok i found a solution, even we were using no mods for our campaign, i tried removing all mods from my game folder and then it worked so i am guessing one of the last mods i downloaded was causing problems.

Hello! Can you send me in PM list of mods you was using? It would help us very much in detecting the reason.

Or you could post it here. Together with campaign you downloaded from steam?

Last edited by Seter; 16/10/17 03:14 PM.

CuznJay Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
One of my players also tried that, but they were still unable to make it past the save game's loading screen.

CuznJay Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Update.

Created a copy of the campaign with the same mods installed. Player made it through Character Creation but it crashed upon loading a scene. The scene was one provided by Larian with nothing from the installed mods active in the scene. This scene was created before the most recent Larian update. We were able to load the scene without issue prior to this.

Loaded the problematic save game mentioned in my initial post, but created a new scene using a Larian-provided level. Mods were still active. Player was able to load the game. Once the player loaded up, I attempted to load a scene that all 4 players had been in prior to the crashing issue. As soon as the scene loaded the player was kicked to desktop. The scene that caused his game to crash features no levels, characters, items, etc. from the installed mods and was entirely vanilla Larian-provided assets.

Repeated the previous steps but instead loaded another scene the players had not been in yet. This, like the other scenes that are causing crashes, were created before the previous Larian update. The scene loaded and the player was immediately kicked to desktop.

The only consistent thing is that 2 out of 4 players can't load a scene that I created prior to the last Larian update without crashing to desktop. The other 2 players can load up every scene with no issue whatsoever. My guess is that it is an issue with scenes existing prior to the issue I'm reporting. All crashes come after loading an existing scene, and the only time the player got in was when I created a new scene. Mods were active at all times.

I'm red in the face and fuming trying to get this to work. Please someone have a solution.

Last edited by CuznJay; 17/10/17 02:58 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard