Print Thread
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
[MINIMAL SPOILERS!]

Greetings, all!

I was curious, lore-wise, why Lizards, Undead, Elves, and Dwarves became so prevalent in D:OSII when I don't recall them from D:OSI. Mind you, I never finished the game, but I recall humans and certain other races, but not EULD.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Not sure offhand; possibly just a regional thing. They were certainly around in Divine Divinity, though chronologically that wasn't much before OS2.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Budget reasons.

You can't always represent everyone in everything. D:OS had all the skeletons, orcs, goblins, and imps you could ever dream of seeing.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
W
W
the lizards were most likely in their desert, elves were in their forests and the dwarves were in their mountain, they existed, they just were not around the same place you were

S
stranger
stranger
S
[minimal spoilers too]

When you speak to withermoore with a lizard you say to him that lizard have been speaking the common language for at least 700 years and the events of DOS1 take place 500 years before that.

So as far as the lizard are concerned they were definitely not mixing with the humans during DOS1

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm guessing that since the downfall of civilisation after Dragon Commander (where the various races/species/whatevs did mix), they all went their separate ways until such a time that convenient worldwide travel started to be a thing in Rivellon again. Which I'm assuming it wasn't particularly at the time of D:OS, though I'd kind of assumed that the elves were just a fixture of the Dark Forest since forever.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
The game pointed that the major countries of the several races were at bad terms with each other. Supossedly at the time of the source hunters in DoS 1 (the order did not even exist in DoS 2) the dwarves were at his kingdom, the slavers of the lizard empire were at his empire and only recently the elves were forced to leave their lands and travel because of the use of the deadfog in the war with the Black ring.

Lord withermore did not even acknowledge the existence of elves if you talk to him, and is surprised of the aparition of a dwarf or a lizard, even he is of the time of Braccus rex, which is before DoS 1 (in fact the source hunters killed him when returned )

Had to be some intense years for Jahan...

Last edited by _Vic_; 20/10/17 12:20 AM.
I remember running into intelligent undead and elves in DOS1.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard