Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
cetsuo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Even after the latest hotfix v3.0.150.760 Tarquin is still bugged for me. I got boths items for "All in the family", speak to malady to get the quest, speak to tarquin at the graveyard, i give him both pieces, and he just stands there giving one line of text. He never makes it back to the lady vengeance.

I feel like after all the efforts I must be a very fringe case so I can provide a save if anyone from larian feels like they'd like to take a look at it.

if anyone knows of a workaround, please tell me.

The original save (before getting "all in the family" from malady) is from v3.0.146.969

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
oddly, I have the reverse "problem" after I hit level 13, Tarquin returned to the ship before I ever encountered him in the graveyard, bypassing the quest completely.

stranger
stranger
I've got a similar problem, just in my case Tarquin never even left the ship. He just stands next to the rowing boat on the Vengeance, with no intention of visiting the graveyard or giving me any quests.

I entered the graveyard through the cellar in the mansion, so maybe that messed up his spawn. Additionally I found the first piece of the sword before getting the quest. Talking to him with both items in my possession doesn't trigger anything either.

I really hope there'll be another hotfix soon, clearing up these problems, as it keeps me from progressing in this wonderful game.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I've got the same problem on 3.0.150.760. Did "All in the family" gave Tarquin the 2 pieces and now he just wanders near the graveyard and won't return to the ship.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Same problem here with 3.0.150.760. Quest is closed and Tarquin stays at the graveyard gate.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If you have issues with Tarquin after the hotfix, please contact supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save in which he is broken.
Please also include as many details as you can about what happened.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Beor
I've got a similar problem, just in my case Tarquin never even left the ship. He just stands next to the rowing boat on the Vengeance, with no intention of visiting the graveyard or giving me any quests.

This is my issue as well.

stranger
stranger
[quote=Beor]I've got a similar problem, just in my case Tarquin never even left the ship. He just stands next to the rowing boat on the Vengeance, with no intention of visiting the graveyard or giving me any quests. [/quote]

Exactly my problem. He wasn't in the Lady Vengeance before the patch, but I didn't visit the Stonegarden to see if he was there... After the patch he just appeared in the Lady Vengeance and shortly after my travels got me to the Stonegarden and didn't find him anywhere. Got the first part of the sword already, the quest he's supposed to give me doesn't trigger...

Loki makes the world more interesting but less safe... He is the father of monsters, the author of woes, the sly god...
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
If you have issues with Tarquin after the hotfix, please contact supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save in which he is broken.
Please also include as many details as you can about what happened.

Thank you for the reply, it's good to know you're aware of the problem and actively working to fix it! smile

I've sent an e-mail containing the save and details, good hunting!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
oddly, I have the reverse "problem" after I hit level 13, Tarquin returned to the ship before I ever encountered him in the graveyard, bypassing the quest completely.

Mine is close to that, I never got the quest, have the pieces, he's on the ship and won't acknowledge. Stuck. Boo.

D
stranger
stranger
D
[quote=Larian_QA]If you have issues with Tarquin after the hotfix, please contact supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save in which he is broken.
Please also include as many details as you can about what happened. [/quote]

Thanks. :) I've also send an e-mail including a savegame and more details.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I'm having the same problem. Just got to this point in the game, (first play through) and had turned in both items to Tarquin at the graveyard before I went and did the Bloodmoon Isle quests. Finished those off, went to Lady Vengence and Maladay is saying Tarquin is missing from the boat. Went to the Stonegarden graveyard and yup hes still loitering there, talked to him on all my characters and he says the same thing, still needs some odds and ends before he can return to the ship.

Since this is my first play through and first time I have got to this point in the game, I do not know if it was broken or not for me before the patch.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by VisualDeadlock
Since this is my first play through and first time I have got to this point in the game, I do not know if it was broken or not for me before the patch.

What happens if you reload the save? Also, did you e-mail them your save?

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
old hand
old hand
I apologize in advance for clutter, but this is one of the issues with so many branch possibilities and no strong direction. During this time in the game I was definitely losing some direction. I'm of the belief you shouldn't really be able to do anything wrong to stop progress overall, but if a branch is bugged and the direction is low... we're sort of being led to bad places. Another way to look at quest vagueness has a multitude of side issues.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 01/11/17 11:56 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Originally Posted by Ichthyic

Mine is close to that, I never got the quest, have the pieces, he's on the ship and won't acknowledge. Stuck. Boo.

Yes, same with mine. He appeared on the ship long before I ever got to the graveyard, won't give the quest, and picking up the pieces doesn't give the quest either.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by fireundubh
Originally Posted by VisualDeadlock

What happens if you reload the save? Also, did you e-mail them your save?

Reloading and restarting didn't work, he was still stuck in the GY. I have emailed Larian and they responded that theyd pass on the info to QA so its being looked at.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Looks like Gareth is also missing....

Support
Support

The issue with Tarquin either not returning to the Lady Vengeance, or not leaving and showing up in the graveyard in the first place, has been fixed and should be in the next update (no ETA yet).

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

The issue with Tarquin either not returning to the Lady Vengeance, or not leaving and showing up in the graveyard in the first place, has been fixed and should be in the next update (no ETA yet).

Nice to hear that you found and fixed that bug. smile Can't wait for the next patch to hit.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Wohoo, that sounds promising smile Looking forward to finally continuing my playthrough!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard