Next Thread
Print Thread
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hi all,

I'm in the middle of trap-ifying my dank dungeon of doom, but I'm stuck at a particular type of trap. I need these styles of trap to slowly but continuously move the Player Character towards the object (possibly start turn order and use AP, might work better).

However, from the bit of testing I've done it seems that Osiris scripting is the least effective way to go about it. I might have to make a behaviour/item script and give it to some items, but that is leaving my area of expertise. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Projects: Tomb of Horrors: Tomb of Horrors
old hand
old hand
Could probably use more details. Is this something the player can resist? Is it real-time or in combat? It's not too hard to move or teleport a player in Osiris, but I'm unsure about how you envision this playing out.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Alrighty then - details. The gist is that this is a generic trap mechanism, but in a few variants. Multiple traps use character movement as a basis for the trap. I didn't want to spoil too much but I might have to divulge some bits.

One of these nasty's use the core mechanic of involuntarily move character towards the trap's center, where nasty things happen. One is without resistance - the character upon instigating the trigger slowly marches to his/her doom. This one I can do with Osiris - probably use PROC_CharacterMove

Next is the version of the above, but CAN be resisted. Maybe PROC_ManageCharacterMove a set distance, then check some stuff, repeat?

The other, which is admittedly more complex, is the one I am stuck on. For this one, picture a slippery slope that ends in a <insert damaging event here> and the player can attempt to resist. For this one, I think bringing up an encounter and using AP would manage it better, but not very knowledgeable on how to do so in script.

Thanks for the help, btw

Last edited by RestingLichFace; 07/11/17 12:23 AM.

Projects: Tomb of Horrors: Tomb of Horrors

Link Copied to Clipboard