Next Thread
Print Thread
#637088 14/11/17 10:55 PM
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hi community yet again. I'm back, looking for scripting knowledge on the subject of items.

TL;DR, There's this super fancy scepter in my campaign, and it is super duper special. Story wise, it has two different ends, and using one end over the other changes the interactions available to it. That's easy enough in Osiris: just give it a tag to differentiate between which side is which.

However, that leaves me with the issue: how exactly to swap which end is which. I was picturing a right-click 'use' option from the inventory screen to swap which end is being used, but I don't know how to do so. If all else fails, I'm sure I ran rig up a dialog on use, but that seems clunky. Any help is appreciated.

Projects: Tomb of Horrors: Tomb of Horrors
T
addict
addict
T
If you change the OnUse property of the item to "Send an event to Osiris", the "use" option will become available in the right-click menu and when a player uses the item, you will get a CharacterUsedItem event in story for that item and the player that used it.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Thanks Tinkerer, that will help streamline this item state. I'd like to include this info for the player so that they know from a glance which end they are using. I think that can be done using the tooltips, and an osiris script linked to change the tooltip info per item state. However, I am not an expert on this usage :|

Projects: Tomb of Horrors: Tomb of Horrors
T
addict
addict
T
I don't think you can change the tooltip from Osiris. You could possibly transform the item to a different root template with a different tooltip, but I'm not sure this will update the tooltip.

Note that as that documentation mentions, transforming an item more than once is not officially supported. It's nevertheless done at least for a number of characters even in the main campaign, so you may be able to get away for it.

Link Copied to Clipboard