Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm seeing some weird behaviour with the lighting in my photobooth level. When generating portraits, the light level fluctuates wildly between one generate and the next, regardless of whether or not I actually changed any light settings.

I just generated portraits three or four times in a row because I was making changes to character root templates, and each time some other, completely unrelated portraits had their lighting changed from glaringly bright to too dark to see, and vice versa even though I never touched any of the lights or changed the positioning of a character.

This is not a new phenomenon either, I've been seeing it pretty much from the start. Any ideas how to fix this and get a consistent lighting?

addict
addict
Hey Nimue,

thanks for bringing this back to our attention! This will be related to the PBR (physicallly based rendering). The lighting adjusts slowly when atmosphere switches are too extreme (which happens quite quickely) just like how an eye adapts to a sudden strong light, after being in the dark.

We can take a look into making that lighting switch to the photobooth more consistent. smile
(Giving the camera a short time to adjust before taking the snapshot)

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Great, thank you! Good to know I didn't mess up my level somehow smile

addict
addict
Also, which atmospheres exactly are you using?
If they're custom, what are your settings?

CTRL+K the elf
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
My photobooth level was copied from the default one in the game, and I didn't do anything with the atmosphere settings. So I'm still using ATM_PBR_PlayerIcons.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard