Print Thread
#643037 03/03/18 10:28 AM
J
Jaseace Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hi, Having just completed Divinity Original Sin EE, I'm biting at the bit to get the second one? As this has been released 6+ months ago, I cannot find anywhere a recent release date for MAC (and or other platforms)? Can the Larian people advise at all?

Jaseace #643126 05/03/18 08:06 PM
I
stranger
stranger
I
My wife and I loved playing D:OS together on our MACs and we'd love to play D:OS2 together but it doesn't really make sense for us to build a Windows PC just for a single game (especially with graphics card prices as inflated as they are these days). We even backed the kickstarter not realizing it was PC only (oops!). Any ETA on a MAC OS release? Thanks!

Jaseace #643153 06/03/18 01:23 PM
J
Jaseace Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Not even any mention that it's in development? Looking on all forums across all area's and nothing from Larian at all. Even this site hasn't had a news release since the original Sin 2 release back late last year. Not a peep!!

Inferno #643192 07/03/18 01:30 PM
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Inferno
My wife and I loved playing D:OS together on our MACs and we'd love to play D:OS2 together but it doesn't really make sense for us to build a Windows PC just for a single game
Not an answer but I play it in bootcamp on MacBook and it works fine. If you don't want to buy a Windows license you could use the Enterprise Evaluation - it is free for 90 days and if you haven't finished DOS2 by then you can just reinstall.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

I found the original DOS worked better on bootcamp than native OSX but whether this will be the case for this game (if they ever do it) who knows.

Jaseace #643199 07/03/18 06:14 PM
I
stranger
stranger
I
Well I guess that seems like it might be an option. Thanks for the info lx07.

I just saw Larian teased the apple image again. Hopefully this is good news: https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/80zxt2/mac_version_may_be_coming_soon/

Jaseace #643202 07/03/18 08:02 PM
J
Jaseace Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Just had a look at the link and cant see any MAC clue, but sure its there. I did have a look at bootcamp, but was hoping on not having to rush it in the 90 days. I will wait for the release as frustrating as that may be. Just hurry up!!

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard