Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Frogs, boars, those worm things, etc, etc...WHY GOD WHY. They are so easy to click and ONE click is instant hostile for all others in the entire act.

Seriously...change this...PLEASE, everytime I accidently click on a frog I have to reload because I have 100 frogs attacking me. The only way around it is to run around outside combat mode, but these things are in combat areas!

Please tell me theres a work around for this, I cant stand it anymore.

didn't you get a message asking if you wanted to attack such creatures? I got it in the demo when I decided to whack the rats.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook
Support
Support
In act 1 you get a confirmation prompt, in act 2 you do not.

apprentice
apprentice
You should not have to automatically attack creatures such as rats or have them automatically attack you, or have them always be non hostile. You should be able to toggle on and off whether or not you attack a type of creature. Unfortunately thats not how it works, apparently.

Last edited by runcc; 02/05/04 01:03 AM.

Wouldn't it be better to pay doctors when we are healthy?
apprentice
apprentice
Its the most annoying thing in the world.

veteran
veteran
Chroniss, my way to deal with this was => the leading char was in peace mode, the other in aggressive combat mode with drawn weapon. A bit dangerous, depending on where I was.

Another way I did was this: Instead of clicking the chars to spot "A" I kept my mouse pressed and sort of lead them around. Picking up stuff only with ALT as "safety target".

I agree fully, automatic attack on weak creatures should not be possible. I had to reload a lot.
Kiya

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard