Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Arokh Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Like this game so far but I'm near the end in Lucian's tomb and spent a several hours trying to figure out a puzzle where you have to arrange pipes to fill three bowls. That was bad enough but the next room full of annoying puppets that constantly respawn? Really Come on. This is not fun at all and one of the most irritating and frustrating things I've seen in a game ever. Arx in itself is the worst part of the game especially with these stupid game mechanics.

Anyone who has got to this point will know what I mean. There's 4 to start off with but two more spawn upon killing one and draining their source does NOT work as per some suggestions. They run around pulling the levers releasing environmental hazards and traps undoing the sequence of levers you have to pull to progress to the final battle. They sound annoying as well.

Any idea how to defeat or bypass these annoying little f****s or is my game bugged? Nothing kills them. I mean the respawning invulnerable undead lizards in the consulate was bad enough but you could defeat them although it was a PITA. But this? It's a game end for me. I may as well watch the endings on youtube and pick the one I like best and end my game here if I can't get past this.

Any ideas?

Edit: Watched a youtube video of the fight and source vampirism should instakill them but it doesn't. They still respawn if you use source vampirism on their corpses as well.

Last edited by Arokh; 11/11/18 06:56 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

old hand
old hand
It's a puzzle kind of encounter. It's not about fighting or killing. My suggestion? Don't bother with them. Maybe cc them when it's easy to do so to keep them from harassing you for a bit. But other than that, just rush straight for the levers. That's what I did in my DE playthrough recently; it was actually really easy.

Having a teleport/jump skill on everyone is extremely useful here. Just rush everyone downstairs, whoever has Chameleon Cloak goes invisible, then flip 2 or 3 levers in their next turn (try to stay out of their sight when ending turn to make them waste movement to move around). You could kill the first batch of the puppets to buy a bit of time, if it's easy to do so (as in, if you can oneshot the lot of them). Don't bother to fight them after that point, except cc'ing. You could also have a tank stay and attract attention. But whoever has a lot of AP/movement points should focus on flipping levers. Ideally, in the 2nd round, one party member flips 2 or 3 switches, another flips another one or two, and it's pretty much over. Spending more time than that hanging around and mess with them and this encounter will go downhill pretty fast.

I never noticed the puppets could interrupt the lever order. I don't think that's the case.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 11/11/18 07:55 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Arokh Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well I don't believe it; I've only gone and spawned it and completed the death room in a few minutes. I gave it another go after taking a break and only had to pull 3 levers, seems the puppets must have pulled the other ones for me. Does not matter what order you pull them in as long as it spells the right word. I used phoenix dive to get near to some of the levers which took me out of combat for a bit and used sneak.

Source vampirism worked this time haven't a clue why it didn't work before, maybe quitting and reloading the game fixed that.

Thanks for your suggestions.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard