Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Oathbreaker is kinda cool ...

I wonder if we still be able to play benevolent helping Cleric of Lolth tho.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
I'm a bit worried about oathbreaker honestly, hope it doesn't trigger to quickly. I'm sure that what is considered to break the oath can be debatable. Having it automated might make me rethink choosing paladin but we'll see smile

Breaking an oath is automatic, you need to show remorse/atone for it. The discussion with the Oathbreaker Knight probably has a path where you can show remorse and not go Oathbreaker. There might be a hidden limit to how many time you can weasel out thought.

That Oathbreaker is giving me their armor, one way or another:3

S
old hand
old hand
S
I wonder how many other subclasses we will be able to unlock that way, so dope!

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I really want to play now...

But I also really just want to wait for release for the full experience. frown

addict
addict
LariLauncher won’t launch

Edit: game executable works fine

Last edited by Flooter; 14/12/22 08:02 PM.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Very cool to have reactions.
Very cool to have oathbreaker.
Very cool to have level 3 spells AND I'M GLAD to see that fireball does not create a big fire surface.
Very cool that Minsc and Jaheira are recruitable companions ! (wasn't 100% sure with the article).

But seriously they are so bad at designing a good UI... A point to add about it : These "ask" window are absolutely awfull.
Solasta did it in an elegant way with a popup as small as possible. Here it is MASSIVE, it cover ALL the screen.
There is one "reaction" PER level rather than a reaction + an toggle for levels. Up the hotbar it is the same... You have ALL reactions so when we'll have level 4 spells, we'll have 4 icons for divine smite and 4 reactions to manage...

Message to Sven : you like to see a character pushing to avoid AOO because you don't like melee character (AND probably because you are not playing your games for hundreds of hours !)
It is a huge tactical issue. AOO are a CORE feature of what makes melee character interresting. You made a GREAT step forward when you decide to decouple jump/disengage and make it an action BUT you still have the same issue with shove !

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/12/22 08:02 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Larian alumnus
Larian alumnus
Originally Posted by Flooter
Could you please try our solutions from the Known Issues - Patch 9? Thanks, the team is working on it.

Retired Senior Community Manager - Baldur's Gate III & Larian Studios
Twitter Nicou
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Nicou
Originally Posted by Flooter
Could you please try our solutions from the Known Issues - Patch 9? Thanks, the team is working on it.
I went to Reddit for help laugh and launched game from steam files. Thanks for the tip, though

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Message to Sven : you like to see a character pushing to avoid AOO because you don't like melee character (AND probably because you are not playing your games for hundreds of hours !)
It is a huge tactical issue. AOO are a CORE feature of what makes melee character interresting. You made a GREAT step forward when you decide to decouple jump/disengage and make it an action BUT you still have the same issue with shove !
Not 100% sure what you're saying here, but shoved characters do not provoke attacks of opportunity, the same reason spells like thunderwave moving enemies around won't trigger them either. Characters have to move of their own volition (or have to be manipulated by a mind altering effect like Dissonant Whispers) to provoke opportunity attacks.

If the enemy AI is abusing that concept (like using shoves to wake up sleeping allies, which from the looks of it is no longer happening as of this patch), then yeah, it's really silly. If the player is doing it... Eh, their choice, not worth getting worked up over.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Very cool to have reactions.
Very cool to have oathbreaker.
Very cool to have level 3 spells AND I'M GLAD to see that fireball does not create a big fire surface.
Very cool that Minsc and Jaheira are recruitable companions ! (wasn't 100% sure with the article).

But seriously they are so bad at designing a good UI... A point to add about it : These "ask" window are absolutely awfull.
Solasta did it in an elegant way with a popup as small as possible. Here it is MASSIVE, it cover ALL the screen.
There is one "reaction" PER level rather than a reaction + an toggle for levels. Up the hotbar it is the same... You have ALL reactions so when we'll have level 4 spells, we'll have 4 icons for divine smite and 4 reactions to manage...

The character screen UI and stuff started out massive and then got shrunk down as well. I quite like the look of it now.

I thought the functionality of it looked great, but I agree right now it is too darn big. Would also be nice if it was somewhat transparent.

old hand
old hand

I see it the same way. There should be another second or two delay after the pop-up closes to enjoy the crit animation. It's similarly problematic to critical hits, where the camera instead pops up a huge fat dice roll all over the screen.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Is it me or are the profiles removed from the main menu?
Where are my profiles????

Give me my profiles back!!

Last edited by Hoppa; 14/12/22 08:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Not 100% sure what you're saying here, but shoved characters do not provoke attacks of opportunity, the same reason spells like thunderwave moving enemies around won't trigger them either. Characters have to move of their own volition (or have to be manipulated by a mind altering effect like Dissonant Whispers) to provoke opportunity attacks.

If the enemy AI is abusing that concept (like using shoves to wake up sleeping allies, which from the looks of it is no longer happening as of this patch), then yeah, it's really silly. If the player is doing it... Eh, their choice, not worth getting worked up over.

The AI / players are allowed to use it much because it is still a bonus action wink

Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
The character screen UI and stuff started out massive and then got shrunk down as well. I quite like the look of it now.
I thought the functionality of it looked great, but I agree right now it is too darn big. Would also be nice if it was somewhat transparent.

You should look at how Solasta handle it to see a (way) better way to do it.
Not talking about the color / lines / background and so on, obviously. Only how it works, how the player have to interract with the UI and how things are explained / reminded to the players.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/12/22 08:15 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
From the patch notes:

When Hiding, Shove now grants an Advantage roll instead of succeeding automatically.

That's actually a pretty big nerf to one of the most common shove tactics.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Did i get it corectly that there will be no Patch 10?
There will be patch 10! Also known as 1.0 :hihi:. Yeah no monks till August it seems. But we got level5!
Or no monk at all.
Never believe a company delivers more than what they show or tell you (and are thus on the hook for false advertising if they don't deliver it)

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
From the patch notes:

When Hiding, Shove now grants an Advantage roll instead of succeeding automatically.

It should stil be an an action though? It is pretty much an attack, and one that can be insta-kill - making it a bonus action is a bit much. The AI uses it a lot.

Last edited by booboo; 14/12/22 08:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
From the patch notes:

Hooray! My ability to play a stealth character without also feeling like I'm cheesing the game has improved.

Additionally, from the patch notes: "Concentration effects and conditions granted by certain items no longer remain active if you switch to a different item." No more "pass the magical item of [long-duration spell]" around so that every character can cast that spell on themselves at the start of the day.

Also also: "Chain Mail, Splint Armour, and Plate Armour now correctly grant Disadvantage on Stealth checks." Useful heavy armor in the game maybe finally? Someone let me know if Paladins/Fighters can start out with chain mail?

veteran
veteran
Well they did tell us they were going to include everything in the player's handbook, and they also included the oathbreaker paladin, which isn't in the PHB. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we get monk at launch.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Wormerine
On a plus side, monks animation will probably be pretty darn cool if they keep it for 1.0
The same we thought about Fly ...
And look how it ended ... i mean its not bad, but nothing that would knock me off my chair. :-/
Did we? That's pretty much what I expected, and what they did in D:OS2.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard