Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
They want Baldur's gate 1 & 2 Remastered.

They want the same combat.
They want the same, if updated, graphics.
They want the same story.

They literally are arguing against Baulder's Gate 3 because they want it to be the same game they played 20 years ago. They are literally saying 'it has to be more like BG 1& 2!' and 'It's not a real BG without RTwP!' and 'It does not LOOK like BG' (which is 20 years old, mind you, and this game is still in pre-alpha, but sure; bash placeholder graphics), and '100 years later? That's not a sequel!'.

You guys won't want a sequel; you want the first two games remastered. That's why you're so angry at Larian & BG3.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Eguzky

They literally are arguing against Baulder's Gate 3 because they want it to be the same game they played 20 years ago. They are literally saying 'it has to be more like BG 1& 2!' and 'It's not a real BG without RTwP!' and 'It does not LOOK like BG' (which is 20 years old, mind you, and this game is still in pre-alpha, but sure; bash placeholder graphics), and '100 years later? That's not a sequel!'.

You guys won't want a sequel; you want the first two games remastered. That's why you're so angry at Larian & BG3.

Oh man, I wish you wouldn't have made this post frown

Not that I don't agree with you or anything, but I feel you are taking your feeling from other posts over here and it's not going to be healthy.

veteran
veteran
That's a really interresting thread biggrin

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/03/20 10:34 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Banned
Banned
This is what he does on the Steam forum as well.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Cirolle

Oh man, I wish you wouldn't have made this post frown

Not that I don't agree with you or anything, but I feel you are taking your feeling from other posts over here and it's not going to be healthy.

I'm not saying it to pick a fight. After 4 days of seeing people complain about every aspect of BG3, the overarching theme is that those people seem to want a remaster, not a sequel.

I just feel bad that the crew at Larian has to deal with this BS. They are making a great sequel, and yet half the fanbase is frothing at the mouth that it's not 'real' and the other half is frothing back at the first half.
(And yes, I'm in that second camp)

It's a civil-bloody-war!

veteran
veteran
LOOOOL it's so funny to read your posts.

Please, whatever they think about the game and whatever their opinions, can u let adults speak about Baldur's Gate (1, 2 and 3) ?

You had a debuff... Your charisma level nearly reach 0 biggrin

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/03/20 10:46 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Thread closure incoming ...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well I want BG3

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

Please, whatever they think about the game and whatever their opinions, can u let adults speak about Baldur's Gate (1, 2 and 3) ?

I don't think many people in these discussions are adults. And the way you keep saying 'your posts are funny!' makes me think you're trying too hard to get under my skin to be a mature adult.

Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
Well I want BG3

Same here!

journeyman
journeyman
Everyone here wants a BG3, but we want to feel like its a Baldur's Gate! Noone is talking about the same we had 20 years ago and noone expects its to be! There is true criticism about what they showed to us and really no reason to make such statements. There are many very valid points.

Last edited by ThreeL; 06/03/20 10:51 PM.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ThreeL
Everyone here wants a BG3, but we want to feel like its a Baldur's Gate! Noone is talking about the same we had 20 years ago and noone expects its to be! There is true criticism about what they showed to us and really no reason to make such statements. There are many point they should take serious.

The problem being, most the people trying to make points are stamping around and stating their views if it they are 100% fact.

I've seen people try to demand Larian change the game name because HE did not think this is Baulder's Gate 3.
I saw someone start a petition to change the game from TB to RTwP. Not ADD; change completely.
I've seen people sit there and claim 'Real fans don't like what larian is doing'. basically stating that anyone who likes the upcoming BG3 is not a 'real fan'.
I saw someone try to claim I had no right to speak on the topics because I barely had any hours in BG 1&2 on Steam.

These people are attacking anyone who is excited for BG3, and you could even see it here, with whatever-his-name is calling me a cancer because I snark back at said people.

stranger
stranger
as i see it now:

lot's of ppl say it's more DnD than bg1/2 which might be true.

but

bg1/2 was never trying to be exact copy of DnD system, turn and round where done in realtime with all the actors doing their things in the same time.

yeah i want bg3, in style of bg, not generic DnD with bg3 sticker on it for increased sales.

stranger
stranger
That has been my impression as well.

I played a bunch of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and they were my favorite RPGs (along with Fallout 1 & 2) until D:OS2 came out, which I quickly added to the top contender list. When BG3 was announced, I was overjoyed that Larian was going to make it, since, to me, they have perfected the CRPG by incorporating incredible attention to gameplay mechanics that, to me, in retrospect, and in spite of my love for the BG series, wasn't there in the original.

To my surprise, most people seem to disagree and think that every element in Baldur's Gate was superior. The trouble is that after a few hours of reading through those forums, I have seen no cogent argument as to why that would be the case.

Most of the posts are, at best, pure nostalgic idealization (or outright fantasy, which I guess is fitting), where BG is an axiomatically perfect game from which you cannot deviate. Nothing can be improved. If that's the case, I'm not sure how people can ever be contented, or why they would even consider playing a sequel, which, by definition, will have to be different from the games it follows.

Like you, I hope that Larian remains aware of the overwhelming support from people who loved BG just as much as the most vocal critics did (I doubt it's nearly half the fan base), and who can't wait to play the new game.

veteran
veteran
Everyone here wants a BG3, but we want to feel like its a Baldur's Gate! Noone is talking about the same we had 20 years ago and noone expects its to be! There is true criticism about what they showed to us and really no reason to make such statements. There are many point they should take serious.

The problem being, most the people trying to make points are stamping around and stating their views if it they are 100% fact.

I've seen people try to demand Larian change the game name because HE did not think this is Baulder's Gate 3.
I saw someone start a petition to change the game from TB to RTwP. Not ADD; change completely.
I've seen people sit there and claim 'Real fans don't like what larian is doing'. basically stating that anyone who likes the upcoming BG3 is not a 'real fan'.
I saw someone try to claim I had no right to speak on the topics because I barely had any hours in BG 1&2 on Steam.

These people are attacking anyone who is excited for BG3, and you could even see it here, with whatever-his-name is calling me a cancer because I snark back at said people.

I know what you're talking about and it's FALSE.

1st possibility : you're a liar
2nd : you're brain is not healthy

It's not attack against "anyone" who's excited about BG3, it's attack against YOU, because what you say here is bullshit.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/03/20 11:02 PM.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

I know what you're talking about and it's FALSE.
This is totally fake news as we said now, and I'm nearly sure you know it.

What's false? What did I say that's false? Absolutely everything I listed was said to me at some point between here and the Steam forums.

Edit: Oh, I see. You're going to start lying and claim /I/ lied so that you can continue to try discrediting me.
Here's the thing; 3 minutes on the Steam forum shows I'm not lying. So..what did you accomplish by lying and calling me a liar?

Last edited by Eguzky; 06/03/20 11:03 PM.
journeyman
journeyman

I don't think many people in these discussions are adults. And the way you keep saying 'your posts are funny!' makes me think you're trying too hard to get under my skin to be a mature adult.

At least stop responding to that guy, I mean come on.

Last edited by Cirolle; 06/03/20 11:03 PM.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Cirolle

At least stop responding to that guy, I mean come on.

Yeah. I will stop. The fact that he's trying to claim I'm lying when 3 minutes on the BG3 Steam forum will actually show everything I said just shows he's either trolling, or really dumb.

Last edited by Eguzky; 06/03/20 11:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
Nearly everything is bullshit...

- HE ? not HE, THEM.
- Change the game ? FALSE
- No right to speak ? FALSE, you're just changing your speech when you don't know anymore what to say...

I know exactly what you're talking about for those 3 points and this is lies.
Be honest, or seriously go to a hospital.

He knows I'm right, and I can prove it in PM if interrested (I really doubt someone is) wink
Just look at all his posts...

But I'll stop answering him, because talking about the film in his head is not interresting for anyone...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/03/20 11:18 PM.

stranger
stranger
no one is talking about doing another Siege of Dragonspear like sequel - this is false.
no is saying it should be exact same thing - this is false.

we are talking about gaming expereince that was bg1/2 and changing it to something completely different, do you imagine doing diablo 4 as turn based game?

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dom86
no one is talking about doing another Siege of Dragonspear like sequel - this is false.
no is saying it should be exact same thing - this is false.

we are talking about gaming expereince that was bg1/2 and changing it to something completely different, do you imagine doing diablo 4 as turn based game?

Why not? Duke Nukem went from side scroller to FPS.
Warcraft 4 was an MMO instead of an RTS.
Kid Icarus went from side-scroller to a rail shooter.

They were good, and there's more. Change is not 'ruining' the game. People just want more of the same instead of trying something new.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard