facciamoci 2 risate: T'appartengo ed io ci tengo
E se prometto poi mantengo
M'appartieni e se ci tieni
Tu prometti e poi mantieni
Prometto, prometti
by larian!!

stranger
stranger
hello Larian , I wanted to start by congratula on the work done in DoS and DoS2. In both titles I spent so many hours with pleasure. Steam tells me it takes 400 hours for both of us. it is evident that I appreciated your work. but I wanted to point out one thing, both titles were purchased once the Italian translation was confirmed. mine is not a protest and I do not want to be annoying under any circumstances, but I am sure that you are perfectly aware that as for DoS even bg3 is not a title that leverages graphics.... all the beauty lies in understanding and enjoying a deep-story game with thousands of dialogues that immerse you in a fantastic world. I want to make sure you realize that this kind of game is not the wet dream of so many kids in high school who normally play a cod, fortnite, Fifa. many fans of baldur,s have a life made of work and family, far from the English courses made in high school. don't take it for granted that by now everyone knows English ... it's one thing to read a manual in English of a few pages, it's one thing to stand whole evenings in front of a monitor with the constant doubt of misinterpreting a dialogue. your work requires more effort, a sacrifice that I would never have asked bethesda for their Doom, at Ubisoft for a new farcry, to name a few. You gentlemen are about to give birth to a title that will probably remain in history not for ray tracing, not for battle royale mode... you are drawing the dreams of so many people who have been expecting an epic story that has been going on for 20 years. This work is like a marble sculpture in a museum of plastic sculptures... marble requires more work, more attention, more love.... so I invite you to open your museum to as many people as possible not to limit the entrance. thank you for the time spent reading and I apologize for any mistakes.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by SteFrankie
Originally Posted by CAGE
spiagami cosa centra lo sviluppo del gioco con la traduzione visto che paghi altre persone per fare il lavoro!!

Non è cosi facile, come potrebbe sembrare...

Partiamo da ciò che sappiamo e cioè che l'EA avrà circa 46k linee di testo per il primo atto, quindi visto che il gioco sembrerebbe passare le 100 ore di gioco mi aspetto almeno 4-5 atti, quindi la final release potrebbe contenere anche più di 300k linee di testo, una mole immensa da tradurre, e le cifre per una traduzione professionale mi pare di capire possano andare da 100 a 150 mila euro.
Loro hanno detto che non è un problema di budget e gli credo visto che per un titolo come BG3 il loro budget sarà di tutto rispetto in linea con un tripla A, il loro problema è il tempo per la localizzazione.
Considera che Larian localizza internamente, quindi le traduzioni sono fatte da loro dipendenti per non avere a che fare con publisher esterni quindi serve tempo per tradurre in più lingue una mole del genere di testo.

Gli sviluppatori implementano le varie traduzioni non le fanno loro

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Malabolgia
I mean, it's pretty easy to promise something to raise the expectations of an entire community and then remove it without even giving notice. And we're not talking about a minor feature. Ok, you are free to do it, but this is what happens next. Not to say that their image gone below zero for me now.

So you propose it was done deliberately because that would be some great benefit to promote the game, and then you prove that is (obviously and predictably) not the case? There have been a couple of instances when developing the Divinity games that unexpected delays or dropped features caused some backlash (though most people were supportive of delays to add content or improve the games, and understanding of planned features being cancelled if they ended up not being feasible [specifically, the day/night stretch goal for the D:OS Kickstarter]). Larian has increasingly tried to minimise that possibility by not announcing things too early, but obviously is not perfect.

Quindi proponi che sia stato fatto deliberatamente perché sarebbe un grande vantaggio per promuovere il gioco, e poi dimostri che (ovviamente e prevedibilmente) non è così? Ci sono stati un paio di casi durante lo sviluppo dei giochi Divinity in cui ritardi imprevisti o funzionalità abbandonate hanno causato qualche contraccolpo (sebbene la maggior parte delle persone fosse favorevole ai ritardi nell'aggiungere contenuti o migliorare i giochi, e la comprensione delle funzionalità pianificate che venivano cancellate se finivano per non essere fattibile [in particolare, l'obiettivo di allungamento giorno / notte per D:OS Kickstarter]). Larian ha sempre più cercato di minimizzare questa possibilità non annunciando le cose troppo presto, ma ovviamente non è perfetto.

Originally Posted by Katsura
Gli sviluppatori implementano le varie traduzioni non le fanno loro

We do have internal translators, actually, in addition to contracting external companies. Even if a localisation is entirely translated by another company, there is still extra overhead managing the implementation, loca QA, testing by gameplay QA, etc, and increased complexity based on the number of localisations being done at once.

Abbiamo traduttori interni, in realtà, oltre a collaborare con società esterne. Anche se una localizzazione è interamente tradotta da un'altra azienda, c'è ancora un sovraccarico extra per la gestione dell'implementazione, il controllo qualità della località, i test tramite controllo qualità del gioco, ecc. E una maggiore complessità basata sul numero di localizzazioni eseguite contemporaneamente.

apprentice
apprentice
per la traduzione italiana ha dei traduttori interni?

apprentice
apprentice
capisco tutti i problemi che ci sono..... vogliamo solo qualcuno ci lavori al piu' presto senza aspettate il D1.... ci sn traduttori esterni in italia dai su!! contattate https://www.facebook.com/GliAllegriBuffoni

apprentice
apprentice
mi fate arrabbiare e non capisco il problema!! da subito e' stato detto che il gioco non sara' tradotto nemmeno a fine release!! i soldi ci sono!! il testo del primo atto sicuramente e gia' pronto!!
e difficile sentire dei traduttori esterni pagarli e mardare il testo? non penso!!

stranger
stranger
It is a strange situation. I am confident that Larian will give us good news shortly .. as a serious software house which is I am sure he will understand our situation, as we had been given absolute certainty for the translation .. now D1 or less, it doesn't matter .. okay also wait "a bit" of time (which is not clearly about a year I hope ..)

apprentice
apprentice
Yes, in fact the situation continues to be ridiculous ... apart from what happened before. The only sure answer is wait that maybe who knows sooner or later there will be a translation, but it is not certain that there will be.
Oh well as we Italians say: "se sono rose, fioriranno"... (Eng. "Time will tell")

veteran
veteran
Important this is that any translation, this time, is paid for.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Elledain
The only sure answer is wait that maybe who knows sooner or later there will be a translation, but it is not certain that there will be.
Oh well as we Italians say: "se sono rose, fioriranno"... (Eng. "Time will tell")

ahahahahah xD (hai reso benissimo l'idea)

stranger
stranger
it is time to have a real and concrete answer

Larian made the due considerations these subtitles will have or not?

(because I do not believe that since this speech came out they have not investigated the thing)

Last edited by Katsura; 25/08/20 08:45 AM.
stranger
stranger
ciao, sono un appassionato di baldur's gate, negli ultimi anni ho potuto mettere le mani sui primi 2 capitoli grazie alle versioni EE. aspetto questo nuovo capitolo con molto interesse, con tutti i suoi pregi e (presunti) difetti, è indubbiamente fatto con passione e impegno, almeno da quel poco che ho potuto vedere. L'annuncio della traduzione italiana mi aveva molto colpito, gli altri 2 capitoli della serie DOS li ho comprati a ridosso della traduzione italiana dopo più di un anno dalla loro uscita, a prezzo scontato.
una traduzione è un costo oneroso più di quello che può sembrare, sia se ti rivolgi a una ditta esterna sia che la svolgi internamente (indirizzi una parte del personale e rallenti i lavori del gioco che deve comunque rispettare i tempi previsti dell'uscita). se non avete margine di guadagno nell'immediato a fare la traduzione lo capisco, noi consumatori siamo liberi di fare scelte diverse dettate in primis dalla vostra strategia di comunicazione decisamente sbagliata.

comprerò il vostro prodotto sicuramente.. ma quando sarà scontato, e donerò una parte dei soldi risparmiati al team che svolgerà la localizzazione. per l'ennesima volta (la terza) dei traduttori amatoriali italiani svolgeranno questo lavoro per passione, però per favore stavolta perlomeno citateli nel trailer di uscita della localizzazione italiana , per rispetto.

se non aveste cambiato idea a poco più di un mese dall'accesso anticipato avrei comprato comunque il vostro prodotto a prezzo pieno, per supportare questa vostra scelta, per appoggiare la vostra decisione anche se la localizzazione fosse stata presente solo all'uscita del gioco finito.

stavolta non acquisterò un prodotto perché fatto dai Larian, ma perché tratta di baldur's gate. ora non c'è differenza tra le due cose, ma nei prossimi titoli si.

------------------------

hi, i'm a fan of baldur's gate, in recent years i have been able to get my hands on the first 2 chapters thanks to the EE versions. I look forward to this new chapter with a lot of interest, with all its strengths and (alleged) defects, it is undoubtedly done with passion and commitment, at least from what little I have been able to see. I was very impressed by the announcement of the Italian translation, I bought the other 2 chapters of the DOS series next to the Italian translation after more than a year from their release, at a discounted price.
a translation is more expensive than it may seem, whether you contact an external company or carry it out internally (you address a part of the staff and slow down the work of the game which must still respect the scheduled exit times). if you have no immediate profit margin to do the translation I understand it, we consumers are free to make different choices dictated primarily by your decidedly wrong communication strategy.

I will definitely buy your product .. but when it is discounted, and I will donate a portion of the money saved to the team that will carry out the localization. for the umpteenth time (the third) some Italian amateur translators will do this job out of passion, but please at least mention them this time in the Italian localization trailer, out of respect.

if you hadn't changed your mind a little more than a month after early access, I would have bought your product at full price anyway, to support your choice, to support your decision even if the localization was only present at the exit of the finished game .

this time I will not buy a product because it is made by the Larians, but because it is about baldur's gate. now there is no difference between the two, but in future titles, yes.

Last edited by Theseus87; 25/08/20 08:52 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Chiedo scusa ma non ho ben capito..

In questo momento Larian sta discutendo della nostra situazione oppure hanno gia preso una decisione?

Chiedo perchè ho letto il commento di Raze, ma poi con tutti queste risposte mi sono perso!

(Tradotto da Google)

I apologize but I don't understand ..

Is Larian discussing our situation right now or have they already made up their minds?

I wonder why I read Raze's comment, but then with all these answers I got lost!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Sirius_Bk

In questo momento Larian sta discutendo della nostra situazione oppure hanno gia preso una decisione?

Chiedo perchè ho letto il commento di Raze, ma poi con tutti queste risposte mi sono perso!

(Tradotto da Google)

Is Larian discussing our situation right now or have they already made up their minds?

They sayd: "If the hell became frozen, we will translate it in Italian"/

Last edited by GiordiX; 25/08/20 09:23 AM.
apprentice
apprentice

Originally Posted by Sirius_Bk

(Tradotto da Google)

Honestly at the moment I don't understand much what they are doing ... the only certain answer is that the Italian translation will not be there at the release of the game and there is no certainty even if it will be in the future. This answer was given in forum from Raze. We do not know anything else ... maybe if they have news in the future they will say so ... but it's all smoky.

(traduzione by google: "Sinceramente al momento non capisco molto cosa stanno facendo ... l'unica risposta certa è che la traduzione italiana non ci sarà all'uscita del gioco e non c'è certezza se lo sarà in futuro. Questa risposta è stata data nel forum da Raze. Non sappiamo altro ... forse se avranno novità in futuro lo diranno ... ma è tutto fumoso.

stranger
stranger
penso che la decisione sia presa, ci sono motivazioni sia tecniche che economiche anche giuste per una Software House. non è battendo i piedi per terra che cambieranno le cose. non è la fine del mondo, chi vuole lo prende al D1, oppure aspetta la traduzione oppure lo boicotta.
in tutti e 3 i casi una bella fetta della playerbase italiana di Larian ne è rimasta scottata.

stranger
stranger
il problema è che queste problematiche tecniche non sono uscite fuori, quelle economiche neanche.
noi sappiamo perchè non ci sono i sub ita e lo sanno anche loro,e a questo punto potrebbero dirlo e pace
" per noi bg3 non vende in italia perciò non lo facciamo"

apprentice
apprentice
E niente all'uscita shit storm su metacritic

Last edited by pbrosio; 25/08/20 09:52 AM.
apprentice
apprentice

WHAT THE ITALIAN COMMUNITY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW:

1. Why did you wait for the last second to give us this bad news?
2. Have you really done market research conducted by marketing agencies that prove the lack of aptitude of the Italian market to buy RPG (specifically BG3, Property name of WOTC who thrives on frightening awareness)?
3. Did you really understand the historical significance that this title carried with it, not only in the communities most accustomed to buying RPGs but in entire community of D&D Player?
4. Did you know that in Italy we are in second place After english for purchase in relation to traslations of DND manuals? Check and share the market research of ASMODEE ITALY (publisher of D&D in italy)
5. WAS WIZARD OF THE COAST questioned in advance OF ITALIAN LOCALIZATION? Or is it only for your choice?
6. Is it your belief that those who play the paper game of Dnd did not intend to buy BALDUR's GATE 3? Is there market research in this sense?
7. Are you aware that in Italy in November 2019 the biggest D&D tournament in. EUROPE? Event sponsored by WOTC whose theme was the Descent into Avernus. Check the link below.
> Link https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/lucca
> https://vimeo.com/374020843

7. The entire Italian community, which from what you can see is not very little ... does not ask for the EA with translation, but asks for the OFFICIAL CERTAINTY OF BEING IN THE FIRST LIST AVAILABLE AT THE LAUNCH OF THE FULL RELEASE. What do you answer? YES OR NO? do not tell us maybe, rather in a few weeks to give us a CLEAR answer to this question.

I hope for your answer.
Thank you

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard