Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When I first went through character creation, I finished up my character and clicked "Venture Forth". The camera then panned to a completely different character, and I could only choose the race, gender, and appearance of this character. I had no idea why I was doing this, but I figured maybe this was a long-lost relative that you find later.

As it turns out, from reading the Technical Bugs forum, this is the "romantic interest creator". I had no idea. I even had Tutorial mode on. Please, give some hint to the player as to who they are creating here! I'm ok with my choices, but when the full game comes out, I think people ought to know why they're being asked to create another character (sort of).

stranger
stranger
It's written in the top right corner of that screen, and the narrator did ask you, who are you dreaming of.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Is it? I completely missed that. I did hear the narrator say, "Who are you dreaming of?" but I didn't realize that's what the narrator meant.

apprentice
apprentice
Should be able to skip this nonsense too making it required is ludicrous.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It is a bit of an odd inclusion, although I assume there will be relevance to it...

Remember, in the framework that it is presented, this is a mindflayer digging through your brain to find out who you fantasize about. This could have all sorts of applications later on.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by endolex
Remember, in the framework that it is presented, this is a mindflayer digging through your brain to find out who you fantasize about. This could have all sorts of applications later on.

If that's all it is, or if all it is "build what your romantic interest looks like", I won't be impressed. There are many different possibilities for missing a person or looking for them or thinking about them, and if you're shoe-horned only into fantasy romance, that will make Custom Characters seem underwhelming, because it'll be the same thing each and every time.

I'm not actually sure why the Mind Flayer would care, because as far as it is concerned, we'll be another part of the hive in a week anyway.

Last edited by Stabbey; 07/10/20 02:17 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I found that bit very weird and confusing too. My speculation is that it will somehow be used during some kind of "mind trick" interaction, perhaps with a devil?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Are you kidding me? I loved the inclusion of this feature! Now we'll get to romance the person of our dreams? No game has ever done this; this is the best feature ever! A dream literally come true.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Best feature ever. I completely disagree and don't understand why you wouldn't want this feature.

apprentice
apprentice
My only concern is that the halfling female looks simultaneously illegal and deformed. Went with a half-elf for my dwarf because the halfling was.... oof.

Link Copied to Clipboard