Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227753 07/05/04 02:05 AM
skylark Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The Imp alchemist has taken the cure back to the village and I am left to kill the Imp shaman which I can not do. He seems to heal himself as we keep hitting him. How do I get rid of this guy?

Also, why is it that sometimes I am able to make potions with my alchemy skill and sometimes I can't. It seems I can only make them when I don't need them.

veteran
veteran
Alchemy => do you have all 7 plants? Is the alchemy char the leading one during this procedure?

Shaman => I did in sneak and run tactic. Do you have the Shaman Magic "hammer" spell to stun him, so he can't heal?

Sneak up in single mode, until I see his red cross on the mini map and can target him with mouse, CTRL - splitting arrows - change my location with a few steps - then rinse and repeat.

journeyman
journeyman
The Imp alchemist has taken the cure back to the village and I am left to kill the Imp shaman which I can not do. He seems to heal himself as we keep hitting him. How do I get rid of this guy?

Also, why is it that sometimes I am able to make potions with my alchemy skill and sometimes I can't. It seems I can only make them when I don't need them.

Insect swarm + Spikes is how I killed him, insect swarm alone negates his healing.

Course if your not a mage that wont help.

SIE Offline
stranger
stranger
Hmm I went in as both warrior.

1 With Magic sword
2 with a good axe

They are sharpen level 5 Max damage 170 points

I had Slashing al up to 5 ( dam acu crit deathblow )

Run up to them ans afther 5 hits he was history. ( took me 4 poitions )

Thx for Kiya for the pause tactic. I red it somewhere on the forum and I use it alot.

enthusiast
enthusiast
about the imp shaman, i don't know as i haven't gotten that far. he just may be tough, like fergus. i noticed that some characters in this game have the ability to heal and use it wisely.

as for the alchemy:

1) make sure the character with the skill is the one selected with gold.
2) notice there are different colors of alchemy plants. the colors do not correspond to potion colors. actually, the alchemy, when right clicking the plants, works like this: you select your size of potion, then the type. that type is a combination of 2 or 3 different colors of alchemy plants. look closely at the plant groupings and notice which ones decrement when you create a potion. hence if you are missing a component color, that particular potion will be grey. they will all be unavailable if the wrong character is selected while attempting the skill.
3) it doesn't matter which color you click on to activate skill as the skill will use the appropriate type in potion mixing.

journeyman
journeyman

The best way I found to defeat the shaman was utilising the 'hit and run' tactic. As reported about Skeleton Mages, if you keep running away a bit, hitting, running, hitting etc he'll soon run out of stamina. He'll still heal but you can hit him while he recovers. (This is for warriors without magic). If you can find a poison weapon (I had a poison death knight sword) that also works wonders as it negates his healing and almost always works.

Failing that, try and block him in a corner so he can't run away. If he can't run, he's a lot easier to hit and you should land some crits.

Only problem I had using a melee was my resistances sucked, so I had to use a lot of potions.

Just try and avoid him running around and he should be a lot easier.

====== Monkeh see, Monkeh do.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard