Next Thread
Print Thread
#679561 07/10/20 08:31 PM
G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Maybe this is a personal preference thing and maybe people don't mind but I find the inventory UI so tedious and time consuming. I greatly prefer to pool everything into a party inventory like Kingmaker has. I spend so much time moving things back and forth between one character and another rather than actually playing the game.

If I need a healing potion, I have to look through each character's individual inventory to find one and then move it to the character who needs it. When speaking with a merchant the character with the best charisma gets better prices but can only sell what is in his own inventory and you can't move stuff while in dialogue with the merchant so you have to move everything you want to sell into wares (one at a time) or move to the charisma character. Then when selling, there is no "sell junk" or "sell all" button that I have seen so you have to sell each thing one at a time.

I know it probably wont happen at this point with the game being so firmly locked in the divinity style and yes I understand it is more true to rules to have individual encumbrance based on strength but for quality of life and ease of play, one shared party inventory is so much faster and easier to deal with.

To make it worse you can't even access inventory or equipment for all your companions even in the camp. So if you find a nice armor or weapon for a companion not currently in your party, you have to speak to one character and ask them to leave then speak to the other character and ask them to join just so you can equip something. All character sheets and inventory should be available at all times in camp.

apprentice
apprentice
These are all reasonable suggestions to me.

Regarding shared inventory for party members and staying true to encumbrance rules as written, it is still possible to do this via pooling excess available carry weight beyond what individual characters have equipped. And there's always the option of going for quick access inventory slots to represent items characters carry on their person, vs. the supply of items the party carries to replenish their personal supplies with.

Additionally - I think plenty of items in the game should automatically go to "wares" without needing to be manually marked as such, ie. any item with no purpose except bartering. Further down the track as characters get kitted out, it would also be handy to do things like "designate all non-magical items as wares" with one click from the equipment section of the inventory.

I'd also prefer it if "wares" just turned up in the separate section of the inventory without the "to sell" watermark (and no longer in their original section at all). Particularly if my suggestion above is implemented - I still wanna be able to look at that lovely emerald necklace before I sell it if I want to, I just don't want to manually have to go through and mark items individually as wares when it is clear that is what their purpose is.

journeyman
journeyman
There also seems to be some weird issue with stacking of loot off the Mind Flayer ship. You know, those bulbs and stuff. Some of them just refuse to stack with each other despite being the same item. Not sure what's going on or whether this is also happening with other loot. But it certainly makes inventory management a pain.

Link Copied to Clipboard