Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#682706 09/10/20 03:20 AM
Yezam Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
In a game like Baldurs Gate? After everything is said and done... some more action you can build for not repeating the leveling all over? Some challange for perfectly designed builds? Would it work in this game? Is it even possible?

Last edited by Yezam; 09/10/20 04:00 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I mean I'm happy with postgame content in pretty much any RPG. Being able to use your full build for challenging content is nice, as opposed to unlocking your sweet, sweet capstones just in time for the game to be over.

But I don't want it to be forced or anything. I won't be disappointed if it's not there.

Yezam Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It'd be sweet for sure.

journeyman
journeyman
Endgame? this isn't a MMORPG. the end game is finishing up our quests etc. I most certainly do not want to complete the storyline and then be told "LOL! grind for gear!"

Yezam Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It's true no mmo but still a multiplayer able video game. I agree it shouldn't in any case differ the original playthrough experience.

Last edited by Yezam; 09/10/20 03:27 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by BrianDavion
Endgame? this isn't a MMORPG. the end game is finishing up our quests etc. I most certainly do not want to complete the storyline and then be told "LOL! grind for gear!"

Wait, do you think single player games don't have postgame content?

Yezam Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Progress in dnd is limited to leveling i think, and the gear. It probs cannot be realized easily, as for if the story is over, nothing will matter anyway.

Last edited by Yezam; 09/10/20 03:31 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I wouldnt be opposed to say a NG+ with all the enemies being max level and dropping better gear.

A completely separate endgame would be a lot to ask for from something like this.

Yezam Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
NG+ would be epic. A max level replay would be fun. You will miss the xp only right, is anyone totally happy without endgame? Thats the question. It wouldn't do any harm.

Last edited by Yezam; 09/10/20 05:02 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Seconding a New Game Plus.

I am absolutely sure everyone who has ever played any BG title did at least one play through where they imported their end game character back to the beginning just to enjoy the story like some sort of special forces tourist.

Yezam Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I hope i didn't trigger too many ppl, with this suggestion btw.

Last edited by Yezam; 09/10/20 05:13 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard