Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Arclane Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
not sure if this was on its way into the game or possible at this point but I think it would spice the game up more to have some random encounter into the game like resting. I believe it would give more of a true d&d feel to the game to have those random encounter to up the risk factor to make you have to think more on where to rest in a safer area, setting up camp, on watch order and so on...

P
stranger
stranger
P
I think this is a great idea. I'm going through a Chult campaign right now and half the fun is all the shenanigans we run into when camping down for the night. Snakes sneaking into your tent, goblin raids, strange creatures prowling, magical illusions in the sky ... really helps with the immersion.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Agreed, very good idea

journeyman
journeyman
Yes, please.

I would also like to see the loot randomized.
I've restarted a few times to test things and the chests and vendors always have the same loot.
Hopefully this is only EA, it would give it slightly more replayability

addict
addict
I disagree - I think on balance there are plenty of encounters & a great level of exploration - I think in this game larian have it about right - just my 2 cents I’m sure many people would agree with you too.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I tend to disagree. It SEEMS like a good idea until you actually experience it in game. It's just more pointless combat that eats up your time without adding anything to the story. I just replayed BG1, and having to fight a pack of dogs every time I traverse the map is such a drag. If you could get attacked while camping, you'll be praying for it not to happen. Not because you don't wanna fight, but because you want to get on with what you're actually doing.

At least until some version of "survival mode" with limited resting and food requirements are in, it's entirely pointless.

stranger
stranger
Fair enough to have random encounters - just not too often ; maybe even have some 'in depth' random encounters that add to the story. Not just combat either ; maybe occasionally run into a travelling merchant with a couple of rare items.

Link Copied to Clipboard