Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

The title of this thread says it all. Some of the companions seem to be somewhat on the 'evil' side. I can deal with conflicts and dilemmas in a CRPG. But at the end of the day my choice is that I want to roleplay a 'good' character.

And I want it to be made interesting. There can be shades of grey. But I want to be able to 'play according to my conscience' and not miss out on half the story.

So Larian: PLS make Alignment clearer ; and make it interesting to roleplay whatever our personal preferences are.

veteran
veteran
It's been stated by the devs that there will be more good companions introduced as time goes on, they just wanted to get the evil companions and to have people try the evil options so that those options (which they know to be less common) can get an adequate amount of testing early on. I think the game actualld does make it interesting to play as good.

If you kill the goblin leaders in the whole grove questline, you get to enjoy a party with the tieflings you saved. It was the sort of thing I can't recall experiencing in a game like this before and it really made you feel rewarded by letting you interact with the people you saved and really absorb the fact you did a good thing for these people.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
It's been stated by the devs that there will be more good companions introduced as time goes on

I didn't know this. I kind of thought based on past Larian experiences that this was going to be the bunch that we would be stuck with lol

journeyman
journeyman
The only character who I haven't been able to progress a "relationship" with while playing a goodie two-shoes is Shadowheart...and she's literally a devout worshipper of Shar.

Gale is generally pretty neutral, though upbeat and nice enough. Wyll is a genuinely good person. Astarion is a vampire, sure, but he's also never been out in the world as a vampire with any control over his actions; a massive fish out of water and I think they've done a pretty good job of showing that. I feel like Fae'zel's character could definitely swing more to the good than she currently seems to be as she has to deal with more of Faerun, especially with how her interaction with other Gith goes in the early access.

Yeah, sometimes you get -rep with companions for being good. So far this isn't really blocking anything for a good character. It does, however, almost immediately hardblock Wyll if you decide to be evil.

Link Copied to Clipboard