Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vithaar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Not gonna lie I suck at this combat, too much shit to keep track off.
Is there going to be an easy mode? I love the stories, quests, exploration etc etc but i dont want to be bothered with combat.

Thanks

veteran
veteran
I hope so too, in my case because I would find the combat tedious and boring and taking too damn long and would therefore like to breeze through it as fast as I possibly can.

veteran
veteran
The actual difficulty level can't be consider as the normal difficulty level according to me. It's way too hard for newcomer.
They need to balance it, IE giving us 2 more companions.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
There will be more difficulties to choose from in the future. The specifics of what is mostly unannounced yet.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
The actual difficulty level can't be consider as the normal difficulty level according to me. It's way too hard for newcomer.
They need to balance it, IE giving us 2 more companions.

I second this.

T
stranger
stranger
T
if you couldn't save every 5 seconds almost no one would play this game in its present form. I dont mind challenging combat but my party has been wiped repeatedly by powerful monster ambushes I had no way of foreseeing. There's an npc encounter where you are just investigating a barn and run into a twitchy npc and if you fail the roll your whole group wipes. That may be D&D rules but its not its spirit. If actual D&D gameplay was like this no one would make it past level 1.

Last edited by TheTrueObelus; 11/10/20 02:10 AM.
stranger
stranger
I am currently playing multi-player with 3 people because making the game a bit harder has improved our enjoyment of the combat.

This all really depends on your experience with similar turn based games. It is far more challenging then most RPG, but quite a bit easier then "Classic" difficulty XCOM.

This seems like a reasonable normal difficultly, at least to me and my play group. Adding an both a new player and experienced will be welcome and is likely coming.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard