Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello!

I've been playing BG3 with no crashes for about 20 hours now; that is until I was 20 EXP away from hitting level 4. I killed the pack of hyenas near the gnolls and leveled up, but now (and shortly before at lvl 3) I am unable to Fast Travel, Make Camp, or walk 20 feet in any direction without the game crashing. Is this normal? Are the Larian gods telling me that I've hit a cap?

Please let me know if you've experienced something similar/what happened when you hit lvl 4. I would really like to keep exploring.

Thanks!

F
stranger
stranger
F
same issue. near a pack of gnolls/hyenas beside a cave. crashes when i try to walk away from the area.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same problem.
It has been driving me crazy.
I played for 20 hrs without a single crash then suddenly I tried to get intot he basement of that house on fire ( attacked by drow ) and then it crashed. Every times.
Then I moved on, reached the hyenas/knolls and then started crashing as soon as i tried to either leave the area or fast travel.
Why isn't there more people talking about this, its been like that for over a week.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same here as well. Cannot go into the wine cellar, fast travel or even leave the area. This happend some time after entering the Gnoll area.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Same issue, 20 hours, 7 exp away from lvl 4, can't fast travel or move towards the east side of the map without the game crashing. No fast travel means no camping/rest.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Around the same area, with 2 different play throughs have bugged in this manner. I can travel with 3 out of my 4 party members, but the 4th character(it picks a specific character, in first playthrough its Astarion, the second its Shadowheart(and then when i replaced her by loading an earlier save, it swapped to my main character) . Crashes happen only after entering the burning town/gnoll area north of the Blighted village. 3 characters are able to move freely, fast travel anywhere, but anything I do with the 4th character, fast travel or even just trying to run across the map will crash the game.

Pretty game breaking as now my most progressed saves are plagued by crashes no matter what i attempt to do. Guessing will just have to wait and hope the hotfix fixes this issue.

Last edited by Nvs297; 22/10/20 11:17 AM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Same for me guys in and around the same area, now I can't even play longer than a minute or two

E
stranger
stranger
E
I've got the same issue too. Can't wait for the next hotfix.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Got the same issue: the game started crashing after I visited the house on fire, and now I can't rest, travel or step away from the area, or the game will crash.

Link Copied to Clipboard