Next Thread
Print Thread
#690985 12/10/20 02:40 PM
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
I know it is EA and we don't know if there will be more Party Members in the future, but I hope they will add more.

In BG you could make a fully evil/neutral/good party. Choose between many npcs for a role (healer, mage ect). You could just take the characters you liked and where not forced to go with "the fighter", "the healer".
You could just take someone for a single quest e.g.g the npcs quest.
The party members where distributed over the whole world in a natural way: You could find where it was logical for them to be and not just the starting region.
Npcs had there own reasons and view and interacted with one and another.

So my hopes are more party members; party members, which join you in later parts of the story; party members with diverse goals and views/alignment/characters.

journeyman
journeyman
This has already been discussed elsewhere. Larian has specifically said that they only added the more evil companions at the beginning in order to encourage players to do evil playthroughs in EA. This was because they felt players didn't explore evil options to any real extent in DOS2 EA.

In other words, the other (good) companions will be added in later stages of EA.

Last edited by Gabriel Farishta; 12/10/20 02:54 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gabriel Farishta
This has already been discussed elsewhere. Larian has specifically said that they only added the more evil companions at the beginning in order to encourage players to do evil playthroughs in EA. This was because they felt players didn't explore evil options to any real extent in DOS2 EA.

In other words, the other (good) companions will be added in later stages of EA.

Hadn't seen this, this is promising news as most of the examples to date are horrible (not badly written, just not NPCs i'd want on side once we get past the initial issue of needing to stay immediately alive and not alone

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Hope you will be able to get "normal" people, too.
Not everyone in you party needs a brainbug. Feels kind of forced.
Like a campaign setting from a new GM: "You will form a party because.... I say so... ey ... you will die if you not join forces." No motivation/goals from the character. Even Korgan in BG2 (most boring one in my opinion) felt more organic: "Lets go and raid this tomb to make money" smile

Link Copied to Clipboard