Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 39 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 38 39
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Bloodshed
Well. Checked all old saves near the end of game including endgame. Still not fixed. (Patch 3)

Life is pain for a Minthara simp.

So, like was the whole, "Stupid bug that blocks 1,500 lines of dialogue that we fixed" the lie, or was it the 1,500 lines of dialogue? Or are the dialogue / romance flags actually this broken?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Brucil
Well. Checked all old saves near the end of game including endgame. Still not fixed. (Patch 3)

So, like was the whole, "Stupid bug that blocks 1,500 lines of dialogue that we fixed" the lie, or was it the 1,500 lines of dialogue? Or are the dialogue / romance flags actually this broken?

They are broken. You can find dialogues on youtube for example (uknown how people got it probably just lucky to avoid bugs). But you will not get them now or if you start new game. Some of them are totally broken (like alurlssrin dialogue) and no one saw them except people who manualy set flags to check.

Last edited by Bloodshed; 22/09/23 11:46 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Do not consider me as simpin for Minthara. I want her to be more robust if you decide to go for Dark Urge.

With no mods installed, I had to give up access to three really good companions for her. Some I realized they would be gone but some super surprised me. This is after I willingly killed one major companion. Trying to be vague.

I personally think it was out of character for her not to join you in act 3 in the brothel. Maybe the parasite had affected her brain. This is from someone who has read all the Drizzt novels and ay others that have dark elf society.

I am thinking of pausing this run-through till more patches come out. I have been enjoying Dark Urge otherwise. I find it difficult not to make good choices sometimes.

apprentice
apprentice
They are broken. You can find dialogues on youtube for example (uknown how people got it probably just lucky to avoid bugs). But you will not get them now or if you start new game. Some of them are totally broken (like alurlssrin dialogue) and no one saw them except people who manualy set flags to check.

Got bug report answer. Just one sentence to summarize from it "Rest assured that we are committed to resolving issues that players like you have reported and will continue to log your reports for the team to investigate."
So don't forget to report if you met same problem - send bug report - and when you get answer read the letter carefully. If you see something like this
"While our team is working hard to squeeze in as many fixes as they can to each release, we know that there may be a few issues that we were unable to fit into this patch. In the event that our hotfixes and patch have not resolved the issue you've reported, please reply to this email."
don't forget to answer if at the moment problem wasn't resolved.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah guys, I've been reading your trend a little bit about the problems with flags, scripts and stuff. And about Minthara approval, I had an idea (I'm not sure, maybe I'm not the first) that when you accept Minthara into the party, her approval should be already filled by 20-30% or even 50%, depending on two factors: whether you helped her attack the grove and the fact that you saved her from the Absolute. This would have logic and even a bit of fairness, because with most of your partners you run from the very beginning of Act 1 and have time to come to the towers to develop a good relationship with them, and Minthara can be taken only in the middle of the second act (or the beginning if you immediately rush there).

apprentice
apprentice
Damn it sounds so logical and so reasonable, I don't understand why they cut it out. In my very first playthrough I took Dark Urge and went purely evil, giving in to all my temptations, I cut off Gale's hand, bit the toe off a goblin's foot and stuff, slaughtered a grove of druids, killed EVERYTHING in the second act EVERYTHING. and so on. And naturally I had Minthara in my companions and so after I became Baal's chosen one and was about to choose the ending for Baal, it would have been such a nice complementary touch to it all, but alas they cut it out. (I wonder why? Too violent? Gross? If so, why didn't they cut the sex with the bear...)

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Brucil

Which ones exactly? I got a few dialogues of her calling my My love in act 3, and even got the ending with her too when I finished the game. I think you get the least bugs if you just straight up destroy the grove with her, and then try to max out her approval in act 2, so you get in to act 3 with a very high approval.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Draganta
Which ones exactly? I got a few dialogues of her calling my My love in act 3, and even got the ending with her too when I finished the game. I think you get the least bugs if you just straight up destroy the grove with her, and then try to max out her approval in act 2, so you get in to act 3 with a very high approval.

I did exactly what you said. Straight up destroyed the grove, maximised approval in act 2 and act 3. No others romances at all. And got just one new dialogue "mindsharing" in act 2.
Seems like you're just lucky one to not meet these bugs.
People say the easiest way to check flags working correctly is to visit drow twins in act 3. So included them under spoiler because in my case they are not working.

I didn't get these

Last edited by Bloodshed; 02/10/23 11:29 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I have the same situation, in both my passes for Dark Urge, the maximum dialog I could get is when she tried to get into my mind and understand who she is to me. And in the first playthrough I cut the grove, and in the second I saved it. I did not even know that Minthara has a reaction to twins and all this other stuff, I thought the developers just did not do it all, and this is just another bug.

Last edited by RingRong; 02/10/23 12:26 PM.
apprentice
apprentice

I did exactly what you said. Straight up destroyed the grove, maximised approval in act 2 and act 3. No others romances at all. And got just one new dialogue "mindsharing" in act 2.
Seems like you're just lucky one to not meet these bugs.
People say the easiest way to check flags working correctly is to visit drow twins in act 3. So included them under spoiler because in my case they are not working.

I didn't get these

Oops I forgot why it worked for me, sorry. I did this. I edited my savegame to fix those flags. After I did this, both the drow twins and the dryad at the circus acknowledged our relation. Maybe this is why I got the Minthara ending? I have to say though, the fix is not perfect, you get the ending yes and she will call you my love sometimes, but when you talk to her yourself, the dialogues are still as if you don't have a romance. It's still better than how the game is without the edits though. I also still didn't get the second video in your spoiler, I did get all the rest.

If you just do those edits to your savegame without ever launching the game again with the commandline tool enabled, the game won't know you have edited stuff. I still got achievements, and never that message you get when you use mods. I think it is pretty safe. Be sure to make an unedited save as well in case something goes wrong.

Last edited by Draganta; 02/10/23 02:26 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
That's the point, what it should work without player's interference. Hotfix #5 declared that all is fixed, but it is not. So I ask people up there to confirm bug report.
Dryad and Wither in my playthrough recognize Minthara as a partner by the way. So that means some flags work correctly but others not.

Last edited by Bloodshed; 02/10/23 02:56 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Maybe this is why I got the Minthara ending? I have to say though, the fix is not perfect, you get the ending yes and she will call you my love sometimes, but when you talk to her yourself, the dialogues are still as if you don't have a romance

Well this whole sentence sounds so funny to me to be honest. How can you say it's not perfect if the fix doesn't work at all except for 1 dialogue, 1 chat between companions (in act 3 between Shadowheart with Minthara about Minthara's weakness) and for dryad with wither. To make it work you actually need to change your game files, that's hilarious even more after you read hotfix#5 description. And still you won't get all (alurlssrin for example). Who knows what hides else behind all these bugs. Maybe it's just a pick of the iceberg.

Last edited by Bloodshed; 02/10/23 03:09 PM.
stranger
stranger
There is so much mined content for her across social media that I honestly have no idea what is and isnt supposed to be in the game anymore, which obviously isnt helped by the fact that she was/is bugged.

K
stranger
stranger
K
+1 it would also be amazing to play Minthara as an Origin character. I'd love to play her story before she joined the Absolute! Minthara is my ultimate favourite of the game!

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Kitteny
+1 it would also be amazing to play Minthara as an Origin character. I'd love to play her story before she joined the Absolute! Minthara is my ultimate favourite of the game!
I agree as well, Minthara does deserve to be an Origin Character just on principle, and atm i am working on my playthrough to get her etc...
As far favorites, Definitely Minthara but also SH and Karlach.

From what i've heard so far though, I do think Larian should make her more nuanced or to be able to move her Morality Alignment or whatever towards good etc... She doesn't have to be a saint, that's not what I'm asking/saying... But for a more fleshed out way; same with the other companions.

Nuance certainly isn't what Minthara is lacking, she's got some of the best writing and most compelling character development in the game. What she needs is MORE of it. Otherwise Quality Assurance is what she's missing the most since launch. In a close second is more sensible recruitment conditions considering the wild lengths the game goes to make Halsin okay with (nearly) anything you do while you're absolutely required to get the grove massacred no matter what to get her in the party.

Last edited by Auric; 04/10/23 05:12 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Got bug report answer. Just one sentence to summarize from it "Rest assured that we are committed to resolving issues that players like you have reported and will continue to log your reports for the team to investigate."
So don't forget to report if you met same problem - send bug report - and when you get answer read the letter carefully. If you see something like this
"While our team is working hard to squeeze in as many fixes as they can to each release, we know that there may be a few issues that we were unable to fit into this patch. In the event that our hotfixes and patch have not resolved the issue you've reported, please reply to this email."
don't forget to answer if at the moment problem wasn't resolved.

"Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and for your patience. This is a known issue and is currently under review by the development team."

At least problem is known. Hope this time it will be solved completely grin

apprentice
apprentice
There is a new patch number 9, which according to the developers fixes the flag related to the affair with Minthara, I have a save before the camp she starts asking you to give her a look into your mind (which is actually the beginning of the affair with her, as I believe), but after this dialog should be a sex scene (as I understand it) or any scene related to it (such as the scene with Gale where he offers to do magic, as strange as it sounds), but again nothing happens .... I'm starting to think that this is the way it's meant to be and that there's no scene after this dialog, which is really weird. But maybe I still have the same broken flags and can only fix it by starting a new game? Has anyone else tried this?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by RingRong; 06/10/23 03:26 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RingRong
There is a new patch number 9, which according to the developers fixes the flag related to the affair with Minthara, I have a save before the camp she starts asking you to give her a look into your mind (which is actually the beginning of the affair with her, as I believe), but after this dialog should be a sex scene (as I understand it) or any scene related to it (such as the scene with Gale where he offers to do magic, as strange as it sounds), but again nothing happens .... I'm starting to think that this is the way it's meant to be and that there's no scene after this dialog, which is really weird. But maybe I still have the same broken flags and can only fix it by starting a new game? Has anyone else tried this?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't think Minthara was supposed to have as much as content and reactivity as the other origin characters, look at Halsin.
They were both fan favorites that Larian decided to flesh out even further but expectations are high so it seems more noticeable.

I hope that by the time definitive edition comes out they really add to minthara... i dont care I would even pay for a DLC.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Minthara deserves Origin Status just on principle imo. Buggy content etc... I'm working on a playthrough getting her rn. And imo she's just an overall deeper character than Halsin could ever be, Just at first bits of interactions even.

Page 33 of 39 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard