Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MrGrif Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is a bit of a crazy idea and most would probably say no, "thats ridiculous" and I completely get it but for someone like myself, it would work perfectly fine .

Ive never liked a computer rolling a dice, im probably wrong and I know there is math to it but I always felt like it was pre-determined somehow, before the button is even pressed .

I had played some DnD during Lockdown on Roll20 (The Virtual Tabletop) with some friends (highly recommend it btw, its good craic with a few beers on a discord call) - we tried it out and really enjoyed the game, something I never thought id actually enjoy. When playing online via discord from different locations around the country, there is a level of honour you have to have to play. If you are picking up gold for example, you are entering in the gold you got, if you are buying something, you are deducting it. No-one can track you if you are cheating and so there is a level of honour which we all I know upheld while playing. Nobody wanted to ruin the game for each other.

My idea is, it would be nice if there was an option where we could manually enter the dice roll, allowing the player to roll an actual physical dice on the desk for checks .

It wouldn't be for everyone for sure, but I think most who play DnD would honour the roll they got.

I don't know if its even possible, im sure it is, but there might even be a lariat app or something to photograph or record the roll to confirm it .

am I mad?

L
stranger
stranger
L
MrGrif, I totally second this option! For me, part of the D&D experience is rolling a physical dice. Yes you can cheese it, but you're only spoiling it for yourself then smile

So yeah, I actually wanted to suggest this exact same thing as well!

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
If that was an option, I really want there to be a thing where if you enter like three nat 20's in a row the game just pops up a message going "seriously dude? Are you sure you wanna do this?"

L
stranger
stranger
L
haha yeah! Obviously for such a system they can disable achievements or something like that, as it could definitely be used for cheating...

N
stranger
stranger
N
+1

Yep give us a toggle in the menu system to turn manual rolls on/off. There's going to be a time where i get lazy and turn it back off again, but having the choice to do so would be just lovely.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'd like to see such option too. There are electronic dice that could be used so the throws dont need to be input. Here is one option: https://gamewithpixels.com

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MrGrif
am I mad?
Nope ...
OR if you are, we both are ...

I would like something simmilar ...
I even get so far, that i started to discuss with my friend how hard it would be to create a mod that would scan your real dice and replace ingame results with its values. laugh
So far no progress tho ... its beyond our skills, but we both are quite sure it should be possible!

//Edit:
Originally Posted by Pupito
If that was an option, I really want there to be a thing where if you enter like three nat 20's in a row the game just pops up a message going "seriously dude? Are you sure you wanna do this?"
+1 ...
Even tho i keep claiming that everyone should be allowed to ruin their own game however they want. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 13/01/23 11:34 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
W
W
That would be a fun little addition.
But i don't trust myself enough to use a function like that.
Given enough time i would get frustrated at something and excusing myself with "well since the game cheated me, it's only fair that i cheat back". smile

Link Copied to Clipboard