Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hirelings not displaying any outer body armor. I have an updated version of BG3 running on PS5 and noticed that my NPC “hireling” is not displaying outer layer of armor correctly even after having the armor equipped. With armor equipped they look to be only wearing under clothes. I remember reading this bug was fixed, but I am not sure. My BG3 on PS5 is Version 4.1.1.4593422. I have opened a support request and emailed Larian Support Screenshots from my PS5 game showing the bug in action. Let me know if you have any questions. Any updates would be great. Thank you for any help.

Yours truly,
David Stiles
Tsuba Otaku
https://www.tsubaotaku.com/
I am on PS5, Patch 5, Hotfix#18.
I can confirm all my hirelings correctly display armor.

If your characters are not displaying armor, try the following:
Go to your inventory, then press triangle to toggle Overclothes on and off:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

For individual pieces of equipment, select Armor, Helmet or Camp clothes then press Triangle. Towards the top of the screen it will tell you "Hide Camp Clothes," "Show Camp Clothes." Equipment that displays "X" on the bottom left corner indicates invisible, and an eye means visible.
If you are toggling the helmet, there are options to "Show Helmet," "Hide Helmet," and Helmet but show your face during cutscenes.

Here is a screenshot of when the main character speaks to the Hireling:
^ During dialogue, the hireling also correctly displays armor.

Last edited by Lillith; 29/01/24 02:23 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Minor bug.
The game sets "show camp clothes" for Hirelings to "on" during Long Rest.
At random smile
I had this on my PC.

Halfling also cannot display lot of camp cloth shoes. Just swap Astarion's shoes to a halfling will disaply barefoot. Same happen with lot of shoes found in act 3.

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I do not even see the toggle about overclothes in the inventory screen. I will investigate more. Thank you for trying to help.

Originally Posted by Lillith
I am on PS5, Patch 5, Hotfix#18.
I can confirm all my hirelings correctly display armor.

If your characters are not displaying armor, try the following:
Go to your inventory, then press triangle to toggle Overclothes on and off:

For individual pieces of equipment, select Armor, Helmet or Camp clothes then press Triangle. Towards the top of the screen it will tell you "Hide Camp Clothes," "Show Camp Clothes." Equipment that displays "X" on the bottom left corner indicates invisible, and an eye means visible.
If you are toggling the helmet, there are options to "Show Helmet," "Hide Helmet," and Helmet but show your face during cutscenes.

Here is a screenshot of when the main character speaks to the Hireling:
^ During dialogue, the hireling also correctly displays armor.

Yours truly,
David Stiles
Tsuba Otaku
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Correction I just figured it out. This is not a bug, just me not understanding the game interface and its features in this regard. I was able to get my hiring to display armor. I have contacted Larian Support to say that this "bug" has been fixed. galehappy

Last edited by Zenman76; 31/01/24 01:09 AM.

Yours truly,
David Stiles
Tsuba Otaku

Link Copied to Clipboard