Print Thread
#700448 15/10/20 09:00 PM
G
gekkoe Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Thanks for the work on what is shaping up to be a great game.

It's early access, so I'm hoping that the low count of facial options are a temporary thing.

That said, the Elven male faces available seem decidedly human-like, often square-jawed, and are lacking in more classically Elven-looking (somewhat pretty) options. (All opinion of course. If you like the current faces YMMV, but they certainly lack the type of beauty that is often attributed to elves in other D&D art IMO.)

The optimal setup would, of course, be to a modern configuration that allows players to play with the bone structure, skin textures, age, features, etc. of their characters' faces and bodies as they see fit. This has become a staple of so many modern games, and really allows each player to create the fantasy as they see fit.

Sure hope that will be coming along as the game progresses. Barring that, I hope a LOT more options will be added to the pre-made faces.

gekkoe #700513 15/10/20 09:29 PM
Agreed, it'd be great to see more "otherworldly beauty" in the elves!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by The Drow Warlock
Agreed, it'd be great to see more "otherworldly beauty" in the elves!

Think that's what they went for, cause those female faces beauties are not in a parameter of this world, IMO anyways.

I'm for keep'em, but keep adding more.

gekkoe #700568 15/10/20 09:52 PM
Yes, elf male faces need some love. Sliders would help this immensely.

(Dwarf male faces also look decidedly gentle and passive. I'd like a brutal, craggy-faced dwarf)

gekkoe #700570 15/10/20 09:55 PM
H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
There is already a topic for on that subject. A big one. (elves need to look more otherworldy or something like that

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
Hachina #702232 17/10/20 12:35 AM
G
gekkoe Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Hachina
There is already a topic for on that subject. A big one. (elves need to look more otherworldy or something like that

Do you have a link? I did a bit of searching before I posted. Didn't see anything so figured it was a good idea to just make a new thread.

Either way, hopefully enough community voices will say something about this that the message will be heard and considered.

gekkoe #702313 17/10/20 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by gekkoe

Do you have a link? I did a bit of searching before I posted. Didn't see anything so figured it was a good idea to just make a new thread.

Either way, hopefully enough community voices will say something about this that the message will be heard and considered.

I think the maintenance they've been doing on the forums ate some threads. Search hasn't been finding much, and with EA just out, threads are getting buried quick.

gekkoe #702389 17/10/20 03:58 AM
apprentice
apprentice
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=682752&page=1

I believe it's been discussed in length in this topic.
And with that said, I totally agree. I'm not a fan of any of the male faces for elves. Additionally, all (sub) races share the same faces - high, wood and drow.

For me, the males all (but one) look too square jawed and heavy built. I truly hope, that more variations will be added. As much as I'd love sliders, having a noticeable variety including some more handsome and androgynous faces would help.

Chaneyi #702999 17/10/20 02:02 PM
G
gekkoe Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G

Traycor #703060 17/10/20 02:42 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Traycor
I think the maintenance they've been doing on the forums ate some threads. Search hasn't been finding much, and with EA just out, threads are getting buried quick.

Unfortunately a few posts were eaten due to an unforeseen glitch during the https update, though not very many. The trouble with the referenceable topics being buried amidst all the general chatter is a much bigger problem which I'm looking into but it may take a little while to get up to speed.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #703079 17/10/20 02:50 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by vometia
Unfortunately a few posts were eaten due to an unforeseen glitch during the https update, though not very many. The trouble with the referenceable topics being buried amidst all the general chatter is a much bigger problem which I'm looking into but it may take a little while to get up to speed.

It would really help if people did a search of the topic before starting new threads, and be politely directed to existing threads in the second post instead of having new threads develop a life of their own. The number of threads about the same topics is getting silly now. It might also help if people didn't try to be too clever or oblique in the thread title, but instead used a useful descriptor of the thread being started.

ETA: This is not meant as an attack on the OP as it appear he did search first. It is a more general issue.

Last edited by Sadurian; 17/10/20 02:54 PM.
Sadurian #703092 17/10/20 03:03 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Sadurian
It would really help if people did a search of the topic before starting new threads, and be politely directed to existing threads in the second post instead of having new threads develop a life of their own. The number of threads about the same topics is getting silly now. It might also help if people didn't try to be too clever or oblique in the thread title, but instead used a useful descriptor of the thread being started.

ETA: This is not meant as an attack on the OP as it appear he did search first. It is a more general issue.

I completely agree. But I'm also aware it's human nature and something we need to figure out rather than ineffectually rail against, as much as I like a good rant. It's been a thing on every forum I've ever been on: I remember lolling at someone's goodbye topic some thirty years ago on my then employer's forums (some homebrew thing running on an MVS mainframe... if anybody needs their interest in computing curtailing, just use MVS for a bit and you'll lose the will to live) which expressed similar frustration where he stated, "I'd like to say goodbye to all the people selling their car... and a special goodbye to everyone else!"

Of course I'm completely above that sort of behaviour... well actually, I'm not. Turns out maybe I am human, or at least goblin.

J'aime le fromage.
gekkoe #705088 18/10/20 05:43 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
I think that elves in the Forgotten Realms don't look quite as deformed as their pan-planar cousins.

gekkoe #705128 18/10/20 06:36 PM
H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by gekkoe

Here is the link https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=700154&page=1

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt

Link Copied to Clipboard