Next Thread
Print Thread
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
I admit, I make a lot of alternate characters. grin

In playing with stats and trying to find the best mix for starting options, I noticed that attributes can't go over 16, even if you lower everything else to get the points, nothing higher than 16 is allowed.

Why was that done? Is there some dark, nefarious reason we can't start with an 18 stat? confused

(In other news, after getting mauled by certain poison using creatures, I went back and made a Tiefling Ranger and took 'Wasteland Wanderer: Poison'. So now she's fire AND poison resistant. Hah! Take that! biggrin )

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
The highest stat you could possibly get in 5e based on racials and the standard array of 15 14 13 12 10 8 would be 17

So this is by design of 5e.

The max you can get into a stat is also 20. Anything Beyond stat of 20 gets into the Epic levels of 20+

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
16 9 16 17 11 9

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Jazhara202
The highest stat you could possibly get in 5e based on racials and the standard array of 15 14 13 12 10 8 would be 17

So this is by design of 5e.

The max you can get into a stat is also 20. Anything Beyond stat of 20 gets into the Epic levels of 20+

Ahhh, but whenever I've gamed, I far, FAR prefer to take my chances on dice rolls. I hate point buy or "standard array". grin

I knew about the max stat being 20. I wasn't trying for anything that grandiose. ^_^

Last edited by SkyKnight.Prime; 23/10/20 12:46 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard