Page 2 of 2 1 2
Orbax #717630 26/10/20 03:53 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Orbax
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
I know several D&D software / sites that do weekly updates

I'm not even aware of several DnD games in development, I suppose mobile could have a lot, I never pay attention to that. Is that where they are?

When they mentioned sites im guessing things like Roll20, D&D Beyond, etc...that heavy non-stop development schedules for massive functionality changes like dynamic lighting as well as bug fixes and enhancements. They have active Twitter feeds, developers and employees who are highly active in the forums; and listen, repeat back, resolve, and follow up with things.

Yes, why can smaller companies then Larian communicate better?

Originally Posted by Argonaut

Doesn't matter what the survey says, there is a large enough percentage that want the feature and we all took the full price plunge for EA. I work in IT and I could implement the entire mode in about 2 weeks provided I had nothing else to work on other than the implementation and I'm just one engineer. Development time is a valid complaint when you don't have two massive publishers bankrolling you on top of 60m income from full price EA. They can leave TB in as the easy mode it is and give us a RTwP mode.

laugh laugh laugh

Where to start?

Doesn't matter what the survey says, there is a large enough percentage that want the feature and we all took the full price plunge for EA.

So what? Why are you paying money for a game, that does not have the mode you want? You are buying a product, and you can deliver feedback, but you are not entitled to anything.

I work in IT and I could implement the entire mode in about 2 weeks provided I had nothing else to work on other than the implementation and I'm just one engineer.

Yeah, you don't. And you can't. These kind of claims are so utterly baseless for anyone who really knows what they talk about that you disqualify yourself.

They can leave TB in as the easy mode it is and give us a RTwP mode.

Thank you, no need for me to buy salt at the supermarket, comes free over the internet laugh

Small edit:

Yes I'd love to see new data, but I guess they are drowning in it atm and need to do a LOT of sorting - feedback included.

Last edited by KingTiki; 26/10/20 04:08 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
Yes, why can smaller companies then Larian communicate better?

It's an age old question, but what I feel is the larger you get the less you give out and there are even reasons why they do that. For example if this were AAA from a Wall Street based company, there would be no EA, there would be no asking questions you get what they put out. Like the next DA or Valhalla, even Cyberpunk, Elder Scrolls.

It is a different genre from BG3 with the examples given, I'm not saying it is impossible, but games in the same genre nearly none (possibly none) are open to daily discussions with their base. I guess the electronic tabletop market they feel they need and want to be in constant discussions, good for them.

MMK #718088 26/10/20 08:58 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think they certainly should toss us a bone this week.

Gaidax #718103 26/10/20 09:06 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by Gaidax
I think they certainly should toss us a bone this week.

Agreed. Feedback on the forums are circling the same topics a lot. The current patch has been tested quite thoroughly. Hopefully their patch is ready to go this week.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by biomag
I don't see a real issue. Would it be nice to hear more? Yeah, a comforting pat on the back and 'We are listing' is great, but the truth is they have to sort out through a lot of data and come to decisions about them. 3 weeks playing the game is long, 3 weeks going through feedback, analyzing it and making decisions is ridicolously short.

I'm interested to see what conclusions Larian will draw from all of what's been written and the data they got from the game, but I don't think this whole EA-thing will be 'each week you get a status update and overhauls'. Based on the feedback right now they have to make a big decisions that potentially will revampt their whole combat system and require them to rebalance and change all encounters if they accept that people want 5e and not DOS3.

The only conclusion that isn't intellectually dishonest and extremely underhanded is to immediately implement the changes as well as missing options(such as a RTwP mode).

Yeah... Except RTwP - based on the questionaire you can find here - isn't something even close to 50% of the people want and it would just significantly increase the development time. Like you said 'needs to be immediatly implemented'...

So sure, all the things they need to do are perfectly clear and undisputed and can be done within a week, probably even 2 days if they were not so bad at their jobs. Those lazy bastards....

Doesn't matter what the survey says, there is a large enough percentage that want the feature and we all took the full price plunge for EA. I work in IT and I could implement the entire mode in about 2 weeks provided I had nothing else to work on other than the implementation and I'm just one engineer. Development time is a valid complaint when you don't have two massive publishers bankrolling you on top of 60m income from full price EA. They can leave TB in as the easy mode it is and give us a RTwP mode.

Large percentage of what percent of players? Those on this forum? That I am pretty sure are not near enough to be a coherent and ammissible representation of the real amount of players in early acces and for sure are not a model of the hypotethical buyers of the official release?

Come on mate(s), the fact that we are almost hardcore players (even when lazy like the writer himself :P ), and that we loooove to spend time sharing our opinions doesn't mean we reppresent anything, what Larian gains from Early Acces is more feedback on actual bugs and issues, pretty sure they consider all the other suggestions and so on with just a little small tiny regard.

I do love how people got so easily self convinced that posting in forums, blogs, wahtever paltform make them count for something.

A fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

I just hope Larian does a professional (intellectual honesty? seriously? what about taking ourselves less seriously? and, please, note that I'm mixing myself in the ensemble) work and fixes the bugs and issues that have been highlighted (but I think they use other sets of data than the feedbacks we post here. What can i say I'm a bit of a cinic).

MMK #718109 26/10/20 09:11 PM
old hand
old hand
Yes I agree. We need more news about Us. Did he die when he fell from the nautiloid, or will we meet him?
[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
MMK #718111 26/10/20 09:14 PM
old hand
old hand
Lets
All
Release
Inciting
Anathema
Neglectfully

laugh

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Orbax #718123 26/10/20 09:20 PM
Lets
All
Release
Inciting
Anathema
Neglectfully

laugh

The Larian system?

"The gang rides a nautiloid" - cue intro

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by KingTiki
Lets
All
Release
Inciting
Anathema
Neglectfully

laugh

The Larian system?

"The gang rides a nautiloid" - cue intro

So anyway I started Eldritch Blasting.

MMK #718668 27/10/20 11:53 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I dunno about anyone else, but I'd rather wait for big updates than get these forced frequent updates where basically nothing is said.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I don't see a real issue. Would it be nice to hear more? Yeah, a comforting pat on the back and 'We are listing' is great, but the truth is they have to sort out through a lot of data and come to decisions about them. 3 weeks playing the game is long, 3 weeks going through feedback, analyzing it and making decisions is ridicolously short.

I'm interested to see what conclusions Larian will draw from all of what's been written and the data they got from the game, but I don't think this whole EA-thing will be 'each week you get a status update and overhauls'. Based on the feedback right now they have to make a big decisions that potentially will revampt their whole combat system and require them to rebalance and change all encounters if they accept that people want 5e and not DOS3.

The only conclusion that isn't intellectually dishonest and extremely underhanded is to immediately implement the changes as well as missing options(such as a RTwP mode).

Yeah... Except RTwP - based on the questionaire you can find here - isn't something even close to 50% of the people want and it would just significantly increase the development time. Like you said 'needs to be immediatly implemented'...

So sure, all the things they need to do are perfectly clear and undisputed and can be done within a week, probably even 2 days if they were not so bad at their jobs. Those lazy bastards....

I don't know about the rest of you all who purchased this developing game in EA, but I watched the dev gameplay videos before buying. Days before it was released. Turn based combat was a big part of what was shown. I dont get how you can blame Larian for being "underhanded" when everything was spelled out in front of you before you purchased. Buying something without taking a few minutes to research it first is the risk you took.

Use that IT expertise you have to develop an RTwP mod if it doesnt end up in the full release. It will certainly benefit the community more than putting out claims that Larian ripped you off.

MMK #718782 27/10/20 01:54 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
People always say that they want RTWP, but man...
I really think that in practice these games play way better as turn based.

As much as I love Pathfinder Kingmaker the combat in that game is quite weak and not very fun, and they also have to fill out with so many more enemies because combat ends so fast.
Things become a bit of a clusterfuck when everyone can move at the same time and things lose its impact.
It just becomes more about spreadsheets and watching auto attacks play out and if you look away for 1 sec someone dies.
That danger of sudden death might sound exciting, but it's another thing in practice altogether.

There's a reason why turn based was so heavily requested in Pathfinder Kingmaker and why the devs implemented it, but the game isn't as good in it as it could've been because it wasn't built for it.

Last edited by Svalr; 27/10/20 01:56 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

So what? Why are you paying money for a game, that does not have the mode you want? You are buying a product, and you can deliver feedback, but you are not entitled to anything.

Sigh, where to start?

Yes, this is what is known as a company throwing a part of it's player base / fanbase under the bus on account of being lazy and is considered extremely poor form. It's why people have been lynching EA and Activision since the dawn of time. Tack on that this is a BG game that is traditionally RTwP and we breach into intellectual dishonesty. area. I understand people now days have little to no standards so these sentiments might be difficult for you but have some tact and dignity please. Games are not a service, they are a product.

I work in IT and I could implement the entire mode in about 2 weeks provided I had nothing else to work on other than the implementation and I'm just one engineer.

Yeah, you don't. And you can't. These kind of claims are so utterly baseless for anyone who really knows what they talk about that you disqualify yourself.

I am sorry you are incompetent at your job.

They can leave TB in as the easy mode it is and give us a RTwP mode.

Thank you, no need for me to buy salt at the supermarket, comes free over the internet laugh

You've got me stocked for years, but your salt has something bitter to it.

Originally Posted by bufotenina
Large percentage of what percent of players? Those on this forum? That I am pretty sure are not near enough to be a coherent and ammissible representation of the real amount of players in early acces and for sure are not a model of the hypotethical buyers of the official release?

You can find plenty of pushback on this forum and others and not just about this feature but many others that deviate from expectations. If Larian cared they could make a survey but this is par for the course since DivOS1.

Come on mate(s), the fact that we are almost hardcore players (even when lazy like the writer himself :P ), and that we loooove to spend time sharing our opinions doesn't mean we reppresent anything, what Larian gains from Early Acces is more feedback on actual bugs and issues, pretty sure they consider all the other suggestions and so on with just a little small tiny regard.

We quite literally represent something. I don't mean to offend you but is English not your first language?
Also please don't put Larian on a pedestal mate. They are a developer making a product, not delivering a service or doing us a favor. Unlike with physical products they don't have to consider things like recall costs and now is the perfect time to take it into consideration.

I do love how people got so easily self convinced that posting in forums, blogs, wahtever paltform make them count for something.

A fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

I just hope Larian does a professional (intellectual honesty? seriously? what about taking ourselves less seriously? and, please, note that I'm mixing myself in the ensemble) work and fixes the bugs and issues that have been highlighted (but I think they use other sets of data than the feedbacks we post here. What can i say I'm a bit of a cinic).

No one believes it will change anything. It didn't in DivOS. I don't care about bugfixes because that is bare bone basics and Larian has a history of releasing buggy and unbalanced messes despite this feedback. You can take yourself however you want.

Last edited by Argonaut; 27/10/20 02:24 PM.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

I am sorry you are incompetent at your job.

Don't insult other forum members.

Also the RT/TB discussion is here: please take any further discussion on the matter to the appropriate place.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard