Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719956 28/10/20 06:17 AM
Ristola Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I would like to see an option were something happends when you critical miss, maybe you shoot your companion maybe the enemy can shoot back. Because now it dosent matter if you critical miss, maybe it can be a option to turn on or off so everyone can be happy.

Ristola #719986 28/10/20 07:35 AM
veteran
veteran
Well ...
It doesnt matter to everyone, except halflings ... they as far as i know (didnt test yet) cannot critticaly miss.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Ristola #719998 28/10/20 07:51 AM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Ristola
I would like to see an option were something happends when you critical miss, maybe you shoot your companion maybe the enemy can shoot back. Because now it dosent matter if you critical miss, maybe it can be a option to turn on or off so everyone can be happy.

This is viewed as some of the worst house rules in DnD by the way.

A Critical Miss is simply: You rolled a 1, so regardless of modifiers you would still miss.
That's what the rule is.

I would much rather Larian show our to hit rolls on screen, that way it was something which was easier to understand. But I'm not fond of the idea of adding "critical miss tables", they are very rarely fun.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Well ...
It doesnt matter to everyone, except halflings ... they as far as i know (didnt test yet) cannot critticaly miss.

They can. They just roll a 1 on their luck die. They only can do it once a turn, not indefinitely.

Last edited by Nyanko; 28/10/20 08:01 AM.
Ristola #720010 28/10/20 07:59 AM
D
D
Critical misses should certainly look different, like it's clearly a complete failure rather the current system where projectiles still hit, just deal 0 damage.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Well ...

Average chance of a Critical Miss = 1 out of 20, so 5%.

Halfling rerolls 1s *once*, so their average chance of a critical miss = 1out of 20 out of 20, or 1 out of 400, so 0.25%.

So yes, still possible when you consider how many attacks they might end up make. This is why I *hate* it that Larian has decided you sometimes have a 100% chance of hitting a target.

Link Copied to Clipboard