Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Someone has probably mentioned this, but I've encountered a pretty bad bug on more than one occasion where the game will completely lock up (requiring forced shutdown in task manager) in the middle of a conversation after a dice roll. This has happened in conversations that popped up with Shadowheart in the Temple of Selune, and Astarion when you find the boar carcass. Somewhere on the interwebz I saw someone say that this happens if you are controlling a companion character when the conversation starts (but obviously not in every conversation).

N
stranger
stranger
N
I have had this same freeze happen as well. Once talking to Shadowheart in camp, and once during the conversation with Spike inside the ruined temple.

A
addict
addict
A
I could reproduce this bug on two occassions so far. One conversation in the owlbear cave with Shadowheart. Party was standing near water and during the cutscene Shadowheart ended up underwater. Since she is a very talented gal, this didn't stop her from holding a conversation, but it would freeze the persuasion dice roll each time. Moved the party, cutscene worked properly, no freeze.

Second conversation was with Astarion, when he tries to snack on the PC in the camp. He was wearing a helmet that for some reason during that cutscene was clipping into his head (making him look like a an eldritch monstrosity :D). Again, the persuasion roll was freezing. Without the helmet the convo proceeded normally.

So I wonder whether this bug isn't due to how the cutscenes are animated.

stranger
stranger
I’ve also been experiencing this since the last patch not just with Shadowheart and Astarion but random sometime happens when rolling dice.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Since last patch I have also seen this problem happen randomly. Never had this problem before. Small sample so far, but seems like a 50/50 chance.

stranger
stranger
I also have replicated this issue a number of times with multiple npcs. It seems to me what happens is The cutscene for the die roll starts and then I think, 'oh, I didn't cast guidance' and I switch over to another party member to do that, and when this happens the cut scene gets stranded on the new npc who is not the person making the die check. When this occurs the game freezes because it doesn't know how to allow me to switch back to the first character who was in the cut scene at the start.

apprentice
apprentice
Same here,
I'm desperatly trying to get off the Spike conversation where Wyll is going to question the poor prisoner. As soon as there is a die to roll, the game freezes and I have to use CNTR+ALT-DEL and restart the game.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I am having the same problem with the boar on the road outside the Druid Grove. Astarion says cannot just go gawking at every dead carrion we come across. I try to do a Intel medicine role, and the die comes up but cannot click on anything (edit for NPC name)

Last edited by LiqwidRam; 07/11/20 07:37 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I've had an issue with this as well on a number of occasions. I will go to roll a die and it will get stuck just flipping. I can't even click it to make it do anything. Waiting doesn't help and I have to shut the game down and try again

V
stranger
stranger
V
I'm having similar problems with stat checks in conversations. It happens more in some, such as the conversation with Shadowheart in the temple and i cannot get past the stat check roll with the boar corpse at all. While it's being called a freeze, the die keeps rolling, the mouse cursor still moves but it doesn't accept the input to stop the die roll.

Last edited by VelociChicken; 08/11/20 03:18 PM.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz
32GB RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64-bit (ver. 2004 / 19041.572)
GeForce GTX 1080 (drives primary display)
GeForce GTX 980ti (drives other displays)

3840x2160 (16:9) 60Hz in Fake fullscreen
A
stranger
stranger
A
Same for me. Its frozen 2 of my last 3 attempts. I cant exit, i cant do anything, i have to use the windows button on my keyboard to exit, then i need to shut the game down, otherwise its just stuck on the die roll screen. The animations around the die are still going, but it wont let me " click " to roll the die. Same with the above comments, its happened twice with Shadowheart, once in the Temple and once in camp.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just had this issue during the Astarion reveal. During the persuasion roll I couldn't roll the dice, or quick load, so I had to end task, and reboot the game.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I have only had this problem after killing the trolls and needing to speak to shadowheart. It is happening every time I try it though.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I had it happen to me on the exact same scenario. I went through all the trouble of combat, then suddenly the game won't respond and I have to do the fight over again. It also happens when you inspect the dead boar. Looking at all these posts, I think it's a consistent issue for only certain rolls, but a lot of them. Do you think Larian Studios hasn't programmed a result for those rolls yet?

addict
addict
I had the conversation/dice roll hang twice at the same place. But the third time it passed. (Conv. with Shadowheart)
But, there have been numverous "hangs" the past few days. Both during battles and walks in the wild. I started playing the game beginning of october and had no crash or hang problems at all, until about 2 weeks ago. Then it happened almost every day and sometimes more than once a day. But the last two days I had no problems.
Crash reports were sent.

Link Copied to Clipboard