Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Sometimes I am exploring and I move the camera and click as I go. So the group is well behind me. Then they catch up and I see\hear the tail end of a conversation that I missed. When banter occurs, the voices of companions should always play as if the camera is above the group, regardless of how far away the group is.

old hand
old hand
100% agree, this is just bad design currently.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yep or just fix banter to pop only when camera is focused on the party which will be more immersive than hearing them from ahead.
Another thing is banter doesn't stop when player go into inventory or anything else. This could be fixed by pausing the singleplayer game while in menu or inventory, or any other window.

addict
addict
It is poorly designed. And it's sad because banter is cool (this is a universal truth), and I think quite few people will be happy to miss it.

It has at least three solutions (probably more) :

- Reduce the radius of action of the camera. Of course, that means finding other ways to do medium-fast travel : I don't want to spend half the game clicking on the ground.

- Don't mute in-party banter. They should not be treated the same way as banter between out-of-party characters.

- When banter should trigger, delay it until the camera is back near the characters (as Verte described).

These solutions are not mutually exclusive.

M
M
+1 agree, this is annoying i miss half of the banters most of the time they happen and it is frustrating

addict
addict
Agreed, banter shouldn't be easily missable.

Link Copied to Clipboard