Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I have frustrangly been trying to get the Divinity Engine 2 to work. But every time I try to launch it, whether inside or outside of Steam, it goes to start up and a couple seconds later immediately shuts off. Like it doesn't even do anything at all.

I'm running Windows 10, fully-updated. I've reinstalled DOS2 AND the engine multiple times now, made sure the DLC was checked, verified the local files for each, tried running the engine from the folder, NOTHING has worked! It's so frustrating. It didn't even give me the option to choose where the game is located. I just click it, nothing happens, and a couple seconds later it's like it was never even on. Also, I've heard deleting the config folder helps, but there is no config folder. I'm stuck.

HOW do I fix this??? DX Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by TonyB500; 13/07/21 09:08 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hello, I also had the same problem. I think that when the engine was asking you to locate the Data folder, you have selected the classic one.
Pay attention to not select "Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data" folder, that's the classic one,
instead select "Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data" folder.
Once you have selected the wrong one it will just crash when you trie to start it. There was a way to change the path, but I don't remember sorry, best suggestion i can give is to reinstall the engine and select the right folder when it asks again.

Hope it will help you smile

J
stranger
stranger
J
I had the same problem and stewan's post above helped me figure it out.

There is a config.xml file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine 2\DefEd\Config that has the line:

<DataPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\</DataPath>

Change that to:

<DataPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data\</DataPath>

(modify for your drive/folder location)

And you should be able to start the Definitive Edition version!

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
One year later, same issue. And I cannot figure out how to actually get a Config folder. Cause I can't go to a data path that doesn't exist. There is NO Config folder! Even after reinstalling, and I think THAT'S my problem! DX

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I have FOUND the problem after all this time after getting help in the Discord! Apparently, it involves going into Color Management and changing the Device profile under Windows Color System Defaults from "sRGB virtual device model profile" to "System default". Changed that and the engine loaded JUST fine! ^^

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard