Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I get that there is already a lot of scripting and dialogue options in the game, and there are a lot more that I don't know about because they will be part of the complete game, however I feel it would be prudent to allow party members who are right there to be able to interject in the conversation and have an opportunity to use their skills.

For example, if I'm playing a sorcerer or a wizard trying to make a strength check to help the Flaming Fist and Lae'zel is there, let me have the option to have her make the attempt, or if I'm trying to talk to Kaga to save the tiefling girl and Wyll is in the party to let him speak up and make a persuasion check.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
I agree.

veteran
veteran
Yes. Yes. Yes. I've been saying this from the beginning.

stranger
stranger
This is my second most important request for the game. This could work so well so you could change character and have the dialogue change between each one.
With Origin characters This would be amazing at fleshing them out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, this should be a must in any 'party based' RPG using skill checks as I like to build my party to compensate and complement the companions weak and strong points (e.g. keeping SH for charisma checks if not using Wyll or playing a charisma based PC)

veteran
veteran
Its one of my top requests aswell ...

Im still not sure tho if that should be managed by forcing our Tav (main character) as primar speaker, that will be asking others to take care of something ... like:
[Investigation] (Int: 8) *Atempt to investigate youreself.*
[Investigation - Gale] (Int: 14) Tav says: "Gale, could you please look at this?"

Or by option to let other characters take initiative themselves ... like:
[Investigation] (Int: 8) *Atempt to investigate youreself.*
[Investigation - Gale] (Int: 14) Gale says: "Please, let me look at that."

But it certainly should be included to situation, and NPC should react on the fact that we are switching somehow ... i mean not allways, but it would be fine to see at least some insignificant note like "i thought this one was the leader ... but you are right" for sucesfull Charisma roll.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/11/21 11:25 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
Yes, this should be a must in any 'party based' RPG using skill checks as I like to build my party to compensate and complement the companions weak and strong points (e.g. keeping SH for charisma checks if not using Wyll or playing a charisma based PC)

Note that now shadowheart has 10 charisma...

Link Copied to Clipboard