Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 50 1 2 46 47 48 49 50
journeyman
journeyman
Here are 2 pictures of all my chars smile
I don't use any mods except AI mod for my companions/servants. So no change to the skins... All original Larian selection.

Lady Akinshaw - Warlock/Dark Urge - play as a villian
[Linked Image from iili.io]

Rath'mora - Spores Druid - playthrough neutral

Here is my very first created char in BG3. A good at heart, but cool warrior as a full tank
Arynwaith - Fighter - playthrough good
Arynwaith in fighting stance

Last edited by a.g.letters; 22/11/23 11:01 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
[img]https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2282824015436554679/F4B68553C519C95A9572F07539FDB71C4AF85FC8/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false[/img]

My Zariel Tiefling Oathbreaker Paladin - Bad Muthafucka

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Behold, my Wizard's drip:

https://ibb.co/tzD5gtF

addict
addict
Dark urge spoiler

(Half)-sisters quarrel.
How can a lvl10 bard/lvl2 warlock even hope to survive this duel ?
If I play a song will Orin throw me coins ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My first: Draconic sorceress. Tav (BG3 is the first game where I really like the default name!).

[Linked Image from draketo.de]

veteran
veteran
My current two playthroughs:

1) Liral, a githzerai mage. She poses asa githyanki, to not get into camp drama with Lae'zel, since she doesn't want to miss the opportunity to maybe find a cure at the creche. It's my roleplaying reason to make her a) nicer than the normal gith and b) she lives in Faerun for a while, studying different magical cultures there , explaining, how your gith character is able to make history checks for Faerun stuff and generally is more knowledgeable about Faerun than Lae'zel.
I posted her here, but I changed her looks a bit. I like the second vanilla female gith face, but she has too many scars for a scholar like Liral, but someone used that face in a mod without the scars and now I use that:

ANd I made Helia, the werewolf halfling bard - the scratched companion. My first playthrough was a halfling bard and I had a blast - halflinsg and gith are the best races, if you like to be a skill monkey: halflings never role 1 and gith have astral knowledge.
The idea to make Helia came in a thread about small raced companions. SInce there is obviously no werewolf background, I made her a Durge, since a resisting DUrge and a good werewolf are mechanically similar:

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
stranger
Meet Rillara Torvirr, half woodelf Sorceress.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
stranger
stranger
C
Here is my Human Ranger, Aiyana.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Mods used:
New Character Creation Presets - Iarna
Mashed Up Hairs - Mystryl
P4 Custom Hair Colors - for the dark black haircolor
Basket Full of Equipment - because I wanted the barbarian armor, but not the barbarian class. Oh, and for the bracelets. smile

Last edited by Cyn123; 03/12/23 03:47 PM. Reason: Added mods used
veteran
veteran
I had to remade my dwarf cleric of Selune/bard Iduna, since her save broke (I used the last dwarven female preset with the different tattoos and tehy fixed it, don't know, if that was related). SO I remade her and I'm glad, because she is just so precious:

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
This is my gal Elin, Dark Urge Bard multiclassing as a cleric of Selune. Resisting the Urge. I think she's perfect. <3

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 06/12/23 06:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
This is my gal Elin, Dark Urge Bard multiclassing as a cleric of Selune. Resisting the Urge. I think she's perfect. <3

I, too, have a bard/cleric of Selune, mine is a dwarf. I think, I posted her above yours.

I like that face, it gets often overlooked by elf player, but it is one of the few elven looking faces.

Last edited by fylimar; 06/12/23 08:28 AM.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Nice! Not strictly on topic, but I’m super curious, how are you handling the combination of bard and cleric when their primary stat is different? For roleplay I’m doing knowledge cleric 1 and the rest College of Lore bard in act one, one bard and the rest light cleric in act two, and then I’m planning to split 6/6 between light cleric and College of Lore bard in act three. (Or if I think that’s too underpowered once I get there, 1 bard and 11 cleric. But I’d prefer the split for roleplay.)

veteran
veteran
Nice! Not strictly on topic, but I’m super curious, how are you handling the combination of bard and cleric when their primary stat is different? For roleplay I’m doing knowledge cleric 1 and the rest College of Lore bard in act one, one bard and the rest light cleric in act two, and then I’m planning to split 6/6 between light cleric and College of Lore bard in act three. (Or if I think that’s too underpowered once I get there, 1 bard and 11 cleric. But I’d prefer the split for roleplay.)
I'm only dipping into cleric and the rest in bard. I did choose life cleric, since it works well as support. It's one level life cleric and the rest bard. I was going for full cleric, but I somehow always end up with a charisma class. I have only 14 in wisdom, which is enough for support spells. Guidance is really great to have, if you are the main talker in the group and don't plan to always have Shadowheart with you. I don't like being dependent on one character to do stuff, so my cleric/ bard is good for thief skills too, that way, I can switch the companions out and don't need to have the same ones with me, just to get the skills, I need.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Oh, nice! Yes, I’ve heard that 1 cleric and the rest bard is a very reasonable multiclass because it gets you armor and a shield, stuff like that, and guidance like you said. I want to go 6/6 for roleplay, even though it’s not that efficient probably. (Respeccing to that once I reach Act 3.) Dump strength and dexterity, or intelligence, and use equipment that boosts stats to spot me what I’m missing.

(Gloves of Dexterity sets that stat to 18, Lump the Enlightened’s tiara thing sets intelligence to 17, club of Hill Giant strength sets strength to 19, and you can find all of that stuff in Act 1. Plus Act 3, there’s a cap that can boost charisma by 2. And Auntie Ethel’s boon in Act 1 gets you +1 on any stat.) Hoping it’s doable to get a nice, even, powerful split! For my adorable little Durge elf.

Btw it’s definitely my favorite elf face, and my favorite face in the game. I think that it has a lot of personality, especially combined with the bard class. Couldn’t happily play with any other one at this point. Took like 10 tries to find the character I finally love.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 06/12/23 05:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
Oh, nice! Yes, I’ve heard that 1 cleric and the rest bard is a very reasonable multiclass because it gets you armor and a shield, stuff like that, and guidance like you said. I want to go 6/6 for roleplay, even though it’s not that efficient probably. (Respeccing to that once I reach Act 3.) Dump strength and dexterity, or intelligence, and use equipment that boosts stats to spot me what I’m missing.

(Gloves of Dexterity sets that stat to 18, Lump the Enlightened’s tiara thing sets intelligence to 17, club of Hill Giant strength sets strength to 19, and you can find all of that stuff in Act 1. Plus Act 3, there’s a cap that can boost charisma by 2. And Auntie Ethel’s boon in Act 1 gets you +1 on any stat.) Hoping it’s doable to get a nice, even, powerful split! For my adorable little Durge elf.

Btw it’s definitely my favorite elf face, and my favorite face in the game. I think that it has a lot of personality, especially combined with the bard class. Couldn’t happily play with any other one at this point. Took like 10 tries to find the character I finally love.

Yeah, I have some faces, I really love too in vanilla game, like female half elf 1 or female tiefling 1. Or basically all female dwarven faces. I use modded faces sometimes nowadays, because I was tired to see my characters face on npcs. But your elven face is basically the only one, that looks elven.

I often use the Gloves of Dexerity often on my characters, they are nice.

Doctor Who
P
stranger
stranger
P
My human fighter Helena

[Linked Image from svoiludi-a.akamaihd.net]

[Linked Image from svoiludi-a.akamaihd.net]

old hand
old hand
To follow up on my character (Elin) now that I've reached Act 3. I've had a LOT of fun playing as a Dark Urge College of Lore Bard and Light Domain Cleric of Selune, romancing Shadowheart, over the course of the game. And I had fun changing my look for each phase of my character's development.

Act 1 Dark Urge spoilers

In Act 1, my character was disoriented and trying to get even a basic grasp on who she was. I started her off as a lute-playing bard in her cute little bard outfit and strictly red hair. Then she had a transformative moment early in the game where Selune appeared to her and promised to protect her and empower her as she struggled with her violent urges. (And she NEEDED that strength, because it would be bad to kill the people who could help her and who were counting on her.) So she became 1 level Knowledge Cleric of Selune and the rest bard.

In Act 1 my character slowly rediscovered herself (or perhaps discovered herself for the first time) by leaning in to the only information that she had about her past identity, that she was a bard. So since the joy of song had faded (as revealed in the initial Durge camp scene), part of Act 1 was about rekindling her joy in song/music. Romancing Shadowheart, I had Shadowheart learn how to play musical instruments from Alfira, and then my character taught her further by playing in camp some evenings. Doing this and performing for the tieflings with Shadowheart, at their party, contributed to restoring my character's bardic spirit, a sense of selfhood, her wittiness and verve.

Despite this, if you've played Act 1 as Durge, you'll know that you unavoidably (?) kill an innocent Dragonborn (gotta do what I gotta do for my girl Alfira) and continue to struggle with murderous impulses. She does her best to resist, with the guidance of Selune, repeating the dogma "all love alive under my [Selune's] light has my blessing." But over the course of Act 1, my Durge also realizes that she can use her murderous impulses for good and to protect the people she has started to care about.

Screenshots are of my character's appearance in Act 1.

Act 2 spoilers

Then at the beginning of Act 2, I imagined that my character was given a special charge by Selune to illuminate and, if possible, dispel the curse of profound darkness afflicting the Shadow Cursed Lands. It is VERY fun to play as a Light Cleric in Act 2. So I respecced my character to 1 bard (not leaving behind that aspect of her personality) and then the rest light cleric. I changed her appearance to reflect this reorientation in her priorities, donning new armor and refashioning her hair so that (to me) it was the color of moonlight. I just like the purple/blue combo with a touch of gold.

Of course if you've played Act 2, you'll know that you can successfully dispel the Shadow Curse, so my character succeeded in the mission entrusted to her by Selune. And throughout Act 2 (and Act 1 really), you get very interesting interactions with Shadowheart, and being a cleric of Selune in general gives you more investment in the conflict between Selune and Shar.

And as Durge in Act 2, my character continued to struggle (but more successfully and triumphantly) against her urges, and proficiency in Wisdom saving throws and high wisdom as a cleric definitely helped with this. (I.e., wisdom granted to her by Selune to resist.) So she's striving to continue to redefine herself as a good-natured bard and an agent of Selune's love in the world. And not collapsing under the pressure of the identity that her butler assigns to her. In this you get some fun parallels with Shadowheart's story.

Screenshots are of my character's appearance in Act 2.

Act 3 spoilers

Now I've just gotten to Act 3 and I've decided to integrate the two aspects of my character's new, hard-fought-for sense of selfhood, fully embracing both her identity as a bard and as a cleric of Selune. She has fully come into her own, so to speak. Whereas Act 1 emphasized her development as a bard and Act 2 centered on her development as a cleric of Selune, Act 3 integrates the two. She is currently 5/5 College of Lore Bard and Light Domain cleric.

I realize that this is not an optimal combo, BUT it's on balanced mode so I can basically do whatever I want and Lae'zel will murder everything in sight for me. <3 And Shadowheart as a full Light Cleric now (respecced her at the beginning of Act 3) will blast them to bits for me as well. <3 <3 <3 And I know that light isn't *technically* a domain of Selune, but close enough and I like the powerful offensive spells.

Screenshots are of my character's appearance in Act 3. She switched her hair color to a nice blueish-grey in solidarity with Shadowheart who doesn't necessarily like the new color of her hair. Plus, I just think it looks nice. Normally what I'm going for with any given character is an "adorable" look because, if I'm gonna have to stare at them for 80+ hours, they better be easy on the eyes!

Incidentally I think that Shadowheart's face is really cute here as well. ^^

I'm actually very happy with how I've developed this character, and I've had a lot of fun. I recommend it. (Edited it to change the images from Act 3 because I altered her look after originally posting.)

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 20/12/23 07:44 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I'm not using any mods or cc right now but I probably will once the patching calms down. I can always use more hair and cosmetic improvements.

I'm not sure which number DUrge this is. I want to say 7, but I lost two others during failed Honour Mode runs, so I guess she's the 9th. I still haven't finished this HM save yet but I'm getting ready to head to the endgame. I'm not quite there yet. Even if she doesn't make it, she'll have a special place in my heart like the DUrges before her.

This is Crusher Of Losers, Tiefling DUrge Vengeance Paladin.

veteran
veteran
I attempt an honour mode playthrough with Lavinia Foxglove, forest gnome archfey warlock (blade)/swordbard. I already love her so much, that I will finish her playthrough even if I fail honour mode. Funnily enough, so far, she had little problem with the fights, but dear old Raphael nearly knocked her out of honour mode, since during her conversation with him in the House of Hope teh game crashed. Luckily I had saved not long before and I was still in honour mode, so crashed don't coun't, I guess.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
These are mine in full release;

• Zariel Tiefling Light Urge - A compassionate and kind Ranger who was abducted, indoctrinated and not in control during her Dark Urge past, so now she's doing everything she can not only to make up for her past mistakes but also ensure no innocents ever come to harm again in any way across her journey. Even if she has to sacrifice herself to do so (Ranger 5 / Rogue 7)

• Lolth-sworn Drow Dark Urge - A cold and calculated Lolth War Cleric with a heart of ice who cares not about who gets hurt in this dog-eat-dog world, with only exception being her closest companions for which her heart burns with a fiery passion. Made her exclusively for Honour Mode wanting to roleplay her as Orin's actual not-as-psychotic sister who is instead coldly pragmatical... with Minthara being her romantic interest (War Cleric 1 / Fighter 5 / Rogue 6)

Page 48 of 50 1 2 46 47 48 49 50

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard