Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MrGrim Offline OP
OP Offline
So playing as dark urge i came across the dying mind flayer in the crashed ship. went through the convo and decided to close his eyes for good (stomp his head in. super satisfying).
But then i got a inspiration entry saying i left benryn to die in a fire. who is a npc from a little further into the game. saved my game. rushed there. left him to die and saved him to test some stuff. no new entries or changes.
doesn't break his quest it seems but it is annoying we get a wrong inspiration. and im also worried it might flag things wrong for furhter in the game.

MrGrim Offline OP
OP Offline
*sad grim noices* Hotfix #3 and still not fixed

veteran
veteran
Yup, also came across this myself when I started Dark Urge.

MrGrim Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Yup, also came across this myself when I started Dark Urge.
Well i send them a bug report and got a mail back they are aware and it will be fixed in an upcomming patch. (got that mail this monday)
but i guess not one of these hotfixes frown
which sucks cos I can't bring myself to continue my playthrough with this bug there even if i really want to.

veteran
veteran
I'm pretty sure inspirations don't affect quest flags in any way. I also rushed to Benryn after to test for any potential bugs, but his quest plays out as it should and the log properly records our actions. It's just the inspiration that's bugged. Plus it's free inspiration basically grin

MrGrim Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
I'm pretty sure inspirations don't affect quest flags in any way. I also rushed to Benryn after to test for any potential bugs, but his quest plays out as it should and the log properly records our actions. It's just the inspiration that's bugged. Plus it's free inspiration basically grin
free. or it takes away a potential inspiration you should've gotten. as you can't get another from benryn.
but yes i know in terms of the quest it changes nothing. but it still bothers me to the point i can't get the will in to continue. I'm weird like that.

MrGrim Offline OP
OP Offline
Well i got the distinct feeling i've bin lied to laugh support said they were aware of the issue and it would be fixed in an upcoming patch. meanwhile 3 of those later and still no fix frown

Link Copied to Clipboard