Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
I'm just immediately gonna say it here; BRING BACK THE NUMBER VALUES FOR SLIDERS, PLEASE! Why were they even removed in the first place?

*Before and after Content Update #6*
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Due to game's lighting all of my character use specific values, and because they're now gone it's now impossible to precisely get the values one wants. Whoever decided to remove values from the UI... MASSIVE MISTAKE! Bring them back.

And also add number values to the video settings too, including Gamma.

+1

I only lurk these forums but I logged in explicitly to get on my hands and knees and beg you to put these back in.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Since the update I got a data mismatch error. No mods installed. Verify/repair did not work.
What the hell is 9283a4b57a9fd9dbb127471a3b6589dc file? Game starts, just wondering if something will affect the playing.
THANKS

Version: 4.1.1.4763283
Platform: galaxy

-------------------------
Altered/Added files 1
9283a4b57a9fd9dbb127471a3b6589dc

-------------------------
Files in Mods folder 0

veteran
veteran
Nice to see the in-game telemetry working, as Loic is no longer a squishy LVL 1 with just 10 hp that gets one shot by Olodan grin

Would be nice if Silver could also get slightly buffed too so that he isn't just a LVL 2 wolfie with only 14hp, as yesterday he ran into Kagha's moonbeam on the very first turn and became an instant HOT DOG grin

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hey!

We have made an edit to the patch notes changing "Added the option to scale the density of crowds in Xbox" to "Enabled higher quality of crowds on Xbox". Sorry for the confusion! This change refers to an improvement in crowd quality and density as the performance of crowds was improved in the previous patches, and is not an option in the settings themselves.

Last edited by Salo; 22/02/24 11:35 AM.
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by neuromances
I'm just immediately gonna say it here; BRING BACK THE NUMBER VALUES FOR SLIDERS, PLEASE! Why were they even removed in the first place?

Due to game's lighting all of my character use specific values, and because they're now gone it's now impossible to precisely get the values one wants. Whoever decided to remove values from the UI... MASSIVE MISTAKE! Bring them back.

+1

I only lurk these forums but I logged in explicitly to get on my hands and knees and beg you to put these back in.

Also, these are back now!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Originally Posted by ADT4079
I don't know if that is a glitch or a bug.
its by design

How so? If Shadowheart was knocked out, I should be able to revive her. However, dead is dead. I should be able to revive unless I have a scroll in my bag. It's cool because the game is seriously fun!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Salo
Originally Posted by neuromances

+1

Also, these are back now!

THANK YOU. My goodness, thank you.

Last edited by Nimiar; 23/02/24 06:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
I don't know if that is a glitch or a bug.
its by design

How so? If Shadowheart was knocked out, I should be able to revive her. However, dead is dead. I should be able to revive unless I have a scroll in my bag. It's cool because the game is seriously fun!
The short answer is plot i.e, Larian made it so whatever you do Shadowheart must appear at a certain point in the story... They made these changes in a panic just before release and this 'fix' is the result

Play the game and you will understand later

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
D
stranger
stranger
D
When can we expect the latest patch to come to mac? Twice it's happened to me and someone I play with that we have been unable to play due to delay in deploying the latest update for Mac. Would you be able to explain why and tell us an exact date when the patch will be released for Mac? I didn't buy the game on release so there are logically going to be people out there who have had to wait for the patch on more than 2 instances.

Last edited by dwab; 24/02/24 10:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm willing to bet patch 6 will be the last... As for when it comes to Mac your guess is as good as mine but I'd assume another week or two

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
I'm willing to bet patch 6 will be the last...
We know definitively this is not the case. Salo said that they're planning an enormous modding update in a few months a few days ago
Originally Posted by Salo
We are working on official mod support, and have been for a while. We want the very best for you, which includes establishing a pipeline that lets mod authors release their mods across different platforms.

Together with the platform holders, we are working on making this a reality, and are forming a team to support mod curation. We’re aiming to offer modding support for things like classes, UI, customisation, spells, and certain assets and game mechanics.

As this is no small task, we hope to introduce the initial stages of modding support in our next big patch, which is still several months away. Frustrated as you might be now, we’re keen to work with you on this - and have plans to reach out to popular mod authors to talk further and work together to avoid issues in the future.
This definitively means that there will be at least one more update but I strongly suspect that they'll also release "Baldur's Gate 3 Definitive Edition" likely afterwards. So if I had to guess there will likely be at least 2 more major updates.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I’m in the same boat. At this point it feels like false advertising. I’m in a full party of 4, 2 on Mac and 2 on PC. All of us bought the game exclusively for the PC/Mac cross play. We aren’t interested in spoiling our first play through doing solo runs on the side.

2 days after we all paid and downloaded the game, a hotfix dropped that took almost 3 weeks for Mac to catch up. Now with Patch 6, we are stuck unable to play again.

I have never seen any clarity from Larian about why they can’t delay the PC releases to line up with the Mac, or why they can’t put the previous version in the Betas section of the Steam page.

Their website says the game supports PC/Mac cross play, and at the moment that is simply not true.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I suspect its simple economics/good PR - there are likely way more PC players and addressing their complaints as swiftly as possible is probably deemed the most pressing issue. So "why can't they delay PC patch"...well, they''d have a very large and strident PC community on their backs if they decided to do that.

old hand
old hand
I think it’s worth drawing more attention to the fact that the main quest of Act 1 breaks under certain circumstances. To put it plainly, if you long rest between knocking out Minthara and speaking to Halsin, the quest “Defeat the Goblin Leaders” will never complete, even if the other leaders are dead. However, if you do NOT long rest between knocking out Minthara and talking to Halsin, with the other leaders dead, the quest completes as it is supposed to.

Given that these tend to be difficult battles in the early game, and given that many people are interested in recruiting Minthara now that it’s possible, this bug is going to become more and more prevalent.

This is not as much of an issue for people who can just reload. But if you’re playing on honour mode, this could be a run-ending bug. Somebody who wants to do a “good” playthrough and actually lift the Shadow Curse cannot do so if this quest does not complete. In fact, somebody I watch on Twitch had to give up their honour run just the other day because of this bug. I saw it happen with my own eyeballs.

So I think it’s worth highlighting, that the main quest of Act 1 breaks under very accessible circumstances.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Owen1234
I’m in the same boat. At this point it feels like false advertising. I’m in a full party of 4, 2 on Mac and 2 on PC. All of us bought the game exclusively for the PC/Mac cross play. We aren’t interested in spoiling our first play through doing solo runs on the side.

2 days after we all paid and downloaded the game, a hotfix dropped that took almost 3 weeks for Mac to catch up. Now with Patch 6, we are stuck unable to play again.

I have never seen any clarity from Larian about why they can’t delay the PC releases to line up with the Mac, or why they can’t put the previous version in the Betas section of the Steam page.

Their website says the game supports PC/Mac cross play, and at the moment that is simply not true.

I read the reason for this is that they have the developers / programmers in house for Windows and the other platforms, except for Unix (MacOS). So they work on a patch and afterwards, they contact a third party to develop the same for the Mac-environment. And they realize this this is not good for the experience of crossplaying groups, so they work on getting the Unix-knowlegde in house so they can develop the Mac-updates at Larian, simultaneous with the other updates, but it takes some time to get there. I agree that there should be a way to postpone an update until it is released for all platforms, until then we need to be patient. And give Larian some credits. Most game developers don't bother about Mac at all, I'm very happy that Larian always did Mac-releases as well, because they make great games.

Just had a Lan-weekend and we played Divinity 1 with four players, because Baldur's Gate couldn't be played and we had a lot of fun as well ;-)

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
I think it’s worth drawing more attention to the fact that the main quest of Act 1 breaks under certain circumstances. To put it plainly, if you long rest between knocking out Minthara and speaking to Halsin, the quest “Defeat the Goblin Leaders” will never complete, even if the other leaders are dead. However, if you do NOT long rest between knocking out Minthara and talking to Halsin, with the other leaders dead, the quest completes as it is supposed to.

Given that these tend to be difficult battles in the early game, and given that many people are interested in recruiting Minthara now that it’s possible, this bug is going to become more and more prevalent.

This is not as much of an issue for people who can just reload. But if you’re playing on honour mode, this could be a run-ending bug. Somebody who wants to do a “good” playthrough and actually lift the Shadow Curse cannot do so if this quest does not complete. In fact, somebody I watch on Twitch had to give up their honour run just the other day because of this bug. I saw it happen with my own eyeballs.

So I think it’s worth highlighting, that the main quest of Act 1 breaks under very accessible circumstances.

Very good idea to bring this to Larian’s attention, as this is the kind of bug that can ruin many people’s playthroughs irreparably.

journeyman
journeyman
i just found 2 back 2 back bugs that are ruining my honor run.

So i entered the temple of Shar, killed the orthon, did all the 3 trials, got the 4 orbs, went to the library got the spear, then went to balthazar.

So now im heading to the transponders, using the 1st orb on the 1st altar to get me downstairs.
Second altar asks for the remaining 3 orbs. the box to put them all 3 appears, i put them aaaand only 1 orb is on the altar, i click the altar again and it asks me for 3 more orbs. i got none left, all 4 used.

I found a work around that (using knock on that door) but it still... shouldn't be the case.

That bug is quickly followed up by another bug that forces me to kill shadowheart basically... and its an honor run.

Now shadowheart doesn't recognize she already got the spear from the library (she has it equipped even) and asks to go back and get it.
There is nothing in the library since we already got it a while ago. i dropped it and made shadowheart pick it up, nothing.
Going back to the verge to go down and meet who we gotta meet.... and now i either have to force her or go back to library.
When i force her to move a fight breaks out, she removes herself from the party and is now an enemy.

Lots of bugs with the latest patch.

I'm done.

apprentice
apprentice
Another bug :

House of Grief. Met Viconia at the bench, then proceeded down into the Sanctum

I killed the first guards at the entrance to the sanctum, to bring the numbers down a bit.

So now when you get further down everyone including Viconia Devir starts to battle you.

I killed everyone including Viconia, and then went looting bodies, I walked down into the main area where Viconia first was at the start of the battle ..

.. And then I get a conversation with Viconia, as if she is still alive!.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by 4lt3rn1ty
Another bug :

I killed the first guards at the entrance to the sanctum, to bring the numbers down a bit.

So now when you get further down everyone including Viconia Devir starts to battle you.

I killed everyone including Viconia, and then went looting bodies, I walked down into the main area where Viconia first was at the start of the battle ..

You’re supposed to get a conversation with her after the battle. It’s part of Shadowheart’s quest development.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Originally Posted by 4lt3rn1ty
Another bug :

You’re supposed to get a conversation with her after the battle. It’s part of Shadowheart’s quest development.

So .. are we supposed to be talking with a, "Shade of Viconia" if she has been killed?. During the conversation she looks normal, not dead.

I did notice something though, so when I killed her she had zero life left, dead on the floor. After the magical conversation with the dead Viconia, I checked her body on the floor and she now had 13 points of life left, so I attacked her body again to make sure it was dead.
I guess the game magically gives her a few life points to enable the conversation to happen.
Still doesn't make sense though.

Last edited by 4lt3rn1ty; 05/03/24 11:46 AM.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard