Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
stranger
I too am looking forward to Halsin's. delight

Last edited by Nightingale1; 14/02/24 11:46 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm a little weirded out that so many people are only interested in smoochies updates laugh I must be missing something.

apprentice
apprentice
I'd rather proper content be added, the story mended/amended, more depth added, etc., but since that's not likely happening with this specific update, I'm just trying to be happy with what we are getting, lol. I'm most pleased by the update where NPCs will finally no longer automatically talk to our companions just because they're closer. That quality of life is a long time coming.

(But, dang, if that Halsin kiss isn't just the sweetest thing...)

A
old hand
old hand
A
The promised shield bash fix is also very appreciated, but opinions don't run so hot over that one as over kisses.

old hand
old hand
My suggestion back then to implement an offensive shield bash, which I didn't experienced yet at all, will be the ultimate KISS that this patch will deliver!

All the other kisses I don't care. Party pooper fun fact: DJ SH kiss scene shall always CTD bcs Shar will diminish all the lights to see it! shadowheartgiggle

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 15/02/24 01:12 AM.
old hand
old hand
... yeah, I'm here for the kisses, especially Gale's - he's been neglected too long!

I was expecting them to get the patch out just before the D.I.C.E. Awards, as a sort of marketing strategy. We'll see. Maybe both will happen at the same time.

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Nightingale1
Oh I see. I think you misunderstood. Larian is apologizing to a Mac user(s) that they have to wait a little longer, and that they are working toward eventually releasing their patches to all users simultaneously. This comment does not apply to non-mac users. So patch 6 is going to drop tomorrow or Friday for non-mac users.

This sounds right to me. Looking at their history, they normally release patches on Thursdays and Fridays. So hopefully only one or two more “long rests” until we can enjoy the patch.

Originally Posted by Anska
The promised shield bash fix is also very appreciated, but opinions don't run so hot over that one as over kisses.

I do have surprisingly (to me) strong opinions about the kiss animations. All of the talented people at Larian have managed to get me maybe a little too invested in these characters. And a number of folks online seem to be reacting to the animations as microcosms or representations of who are the characters are, on a basic level, storywise. (E.g., this kiss doesn’t fit with spawn Astarion’s character, etc.)

What I have the strongest opinion about though, and what I hope to see fixed most of all in Patch 6, is

(Durge Act 3 spoilers)
the startling lack of companion reactivity to crucial moments in the Dark Urge’s personal quest. That is, when Durge realizes that they’re a bhaalspawn, when they realize they’re responsible for the Absolute plot, and when they get murdered by Bhaal in front of everyone if they resist. I would feel so good about it if they added a little more content there in patch 6. I will be very interested to see if they mention anything resembling this in the patch notes!

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 15/02/24 02:42 AM.
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
... yeah, I'm here for the kisses, especially Gale's - he's been neglected too long!

I was expecting them to get the patch out just before the D.I.C.E. Awards, as a sort of marketing strategy. We'll see. Maybe both will happen at the same time.
It'll almost certainly come out either tomorrow or the day after. It would make sense to wait for a big award show to maximize publicity.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I was hoping to see the kisses to surprise myself in my playthrough, but since they keep talking about it here, my curiosity got the best of me and I ended up watching the SH kiss. I didn't like it xD. It's weird that in Selunite Shadowheart's epilogue, they give you a sweet and tender kiss, but in Shart Shadowheart's epilogue, they give you a hotter kiss (I think they did it on purpose). The same goes for their sex and romance scenes; damn, Shart Shadowheart even bites you haha. They even gave Halsin, who is a total degenerate, a sweet kiss. in any case, I won't be able to play video games this weekend, so I'll have to wait until next week to see the kisses haha.

Last edited by Sobocles; 15/02/24 04:50 AM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel

The cynical side of me wants to say that being neglected and forgotten is probably the best thing that could happen in his case. XD
(I am mostly joking.)

apprentice
apprentice
Kinda just wishing it would drop so I can be officially disappointed with the lack of transmog haha
(and NG+ to a lesser extent)

veteran
veteran
Should be dropping within the next 4 hours ^^

Nvm looks like it'll be tomorrow then.

old hand
old hand
I would appreciate it if we could get the patch notes days before the patch releases so that we can pass the time. I rarely read patch notes after or say 10 min. before a patch. At most, I skim through them for specific information that interests me, bcs I will play(test) instead... I would read the whole patch notes if they would be available before a patch, but I can't...

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Should be dropping within the next 4 hours ^^

Nvm looks like it'll be tomorrow then.

Yup feeling disappointed. Maybe they’re releasing it during or after the DICE awards so that more people will watch that?… Or maybe they aren’t done polishing the patch notes… I don’t know of course.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 15/02/24 06:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
Certainly unconventional since Larian usually follows the industry-wide Thursday (patch day) when it comes to huge content updates, they very rarely drop them on Fridays.

Oh well... grin

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yeahhhh it’s not dropping today either based on this tweet. As cryptic as it is.

https://twitter.com/TheHitman113/status/1758170889340772425

It’s a bit frustrating at this point, considering all of the teasers and build-up. I hope that the delay is because they’re genuinely working on it, and not just trolling everyone…

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 15/02/24 08:04 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I'm sure the original announcement from last week said "releasing next week". So tomorrow, I suppose? We've had Friday patches before...

Bit frustrated in the lack of clarification, the last couple of days I wasn't sure if it was worth finishing my current playthrough before it arrives and knocks out a bunch of mods.

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yes, definitely, we’ve had Friday patches. I think a lot of people were expecting it sooner based on the Valentine’s poem teaser and kiss animation teasers. I wish they hadn’t teased based on that, if it was going to be Friday. A Friday patch is good with me, generally speaking. I love seeing new patches whenever they arrive.

But I think that in this case the marketing of it caused a lot of unnecessary frustration. And the vague trolling instead of open communication has been frustrating. It hasn’t messed with my playthrough, since I finished the game for the first time about a week ago, and I’ve been taking a break. But I have been very eager about the patch anyway.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 15/02/24 09:40 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Larian often release their patches on Fridays, though don't ask me why. Seems like the worst time of the week to drop a patch because if they introduce bugs, the players have to wait until a business day rolls around for them to even start fixing it. I'm only guessing this is the case, because they seem to only put out hotfixes during the weekdays. Either that, or whoever is responsible for greenlighting the patch release only works weekdays, lol, so even if they're being fixed over the weekend, we have to wait arbitrarily. I remember the Patch 3 disaster being released on a Friday, and they really dragged their feet with the hotfixes, most of which still failed to fix all the newly-broken cutscenes at the time, until Patch 4. You'd think with how long it takes to release major patches it'd mean they're being thoroughly tested for bugs beforehand, but I guess not. Maybe patches 3 and 5(?) have taught them to go over the patch with a fine-toothed comb.

I read that the Raphael and Mol scene bug still hasn't been fixed (wherein it doesn't play at all; that's a serious bug even if it doesn't interfere with main story progression), so I sure hope it is in the next patch. It's one of the many reasons I'm not advancing in my game. Yeah, missing story content/a full cutscene sure is a non-issue in a story-based game. Don't hurry to fix that or anything, lol. It was the same with cutscenes whose animations became buggy with various patches. It's secondary to literal game-breaking bugs (such as crashes), but if a game's bugs are breaking cutscenes in a way that ruins immersion, the game is failing to fulfill its purpose.

stranger
stranger
I agree with you about how they handled the promotion of patch 6. Hard to say if it was just a lack of mindfulness if they themselves expected to release it earlier this week and they got delayed with fine tuning issues. Or if they deliberately trolled us with the entire promotion. I have been both very amused and very frustrated by it all. If they do indeed release it tomorrow, and they knew that all along, it would have been kinder to announce that it's coming at the end of this week, instead of sometime during the week of February 12th. But I still love the hell out of them, and I'm very excited for whenever we are generously gifted with patch 6.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard