Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 49 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
It's impossible for me test it because I refuse to let Halsin leave the goblin camp alive.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
All they need to do for Sharess' Caress is have dialogue options for Tav/Durge that specifically invite any party members present. Thats it. No need for dialogue or anything. Just an option for "Hey, *insert companion here* wanna join?"

F
F
Originally Posted by portionbeans
It's impossible for me test it because I refuse to let Halsin leave the goblin camp alive.

I can't even blame you, they succeeded in making a really interesting character someone you don't necessarily want at your side. Not sure how to redeem that, I'm afraid.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
veteran
veteran
I think they have done a good job at starting to fix Halsin’s issues with the epilogue and friendship path additions! Hopefully they will also add a main/solo romance path for him! I am a big fan of playersexual romances because then everyone can play the character they want and still have romance options! I am not sure why they didn’t write him like that from the start considering they generally follow a playersexual design and as a player-requested companion they must have known a variety of different people would be looking forward to the romance!

F
F
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I think they have done a good job at starting to fix Halsin’s issues with the epilogue and friendship path additions! Hopefully they will also add a main/solo romance path for him! I am a big fan of playersexual romances because then everyone can play the character they want and still have romance options! I am not sure why they didn’t write him like that from the start considering they generally follow a playersexual design and as a player-requested companion they must have known a variety of different people would be looking forward to the romance!

You are absolutely right, this would be like the optimal thing to get for Halsin. Like you, I still can't understand why they added him the way they did (and subsequently changing some companions), as there never has been any kind of open relationship / polyamory in the game before, so no one was asking for him to be added to that. They just wanted him as a romance like all the other companions were.

Adding the platonic path is a nice addition (and should be added to other companions, too) but if the banter and the Sharess Caress scene still exists, it feels like it's not done properly. I still need to wait for someone to confirm how it plays out due to my lack of time to play, but I hope they added it the right way.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Filia
You are absolutely right, this would be like the optimal thing to get for Halsin. Like you, I still can't understand why they added him the way they did (and subsequently changing some companions), as there never has been any kind of open relationship / polyamory in the game before, so no one was asking for him to be added to that. They just wanted him as a romance like all the other companions were.

I kind of understand why they went that route, I just dont know why they went with JUST that route.

The idea that you could Romance Halsin in act 3 even when youve romanced another companion makes sense due to the severe lack of dialogue/cutscenes with Halsin in acts 1 and 2, presumably due to his late addition. It makes sense for them to provide the player with the option to explore his romance path without abandoning the romance they spent acts 1 and 2 building. Halsin being open to share Tav, I am and always was, okay with this idea.

But why they diddnt also add a solomance path by default as well I havent got a single clue. This was the original request from EA, and Larian failed to deliver. I also don't understand why in his plural romance, hes basically treated by Tav as a throwaway temporary lover.

If you poly Halsin/Astarion theres no reason he should choose orphans over Tav/Astarion, and should go adventuring with them since they are all lovers, "V" style relationship or not. Same for SH. The fact that Tav/SH/Astarion can just go about their endings without a care and leave Halsin behind is strange to me. But then again, even when solomanced his original epilogue was "K it was nice hope you visit me bye" so even HALSIN wasnt taking the relationship seriously. Which means Larian probabky wasn't either.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
I kind of understand why they went that route, I just dont know why they went with JUST that route.

The idea that you could Romance Halsin in act 3 even when youve romanced another companion makes sense due to the severe lack of dialogue/cutscenes with Halsin in acts 1 and 2, presumably due to his late addition. It makes sense for them to provide the player with the option to explore his romance path without abandoning the romance they spent acts 1 and 2 building. Halsin being open to share Tav, I am and always was, okay with this idea.

But why they diddnt also add a solomance path by default as well I havent got a single clue. This was the original request from EA, and Larian failed to deliver. I also don't understand why in his plural romance, hes basically treated by Tav as a throwaway temporary lover.

If you poly Halsin/Astarion theres no reason he should choose orphans over Tav/Astarion, and should go adventuring with them since they are all lovers, "V" style relationship or not. Same for SH. The fact that Tav/SH/Astarion can just go about their endings without a care and leave Halsin behind is strange to me. But then again, even when solomanced his original epilogue was "K it was nice hope you visit me bye" so even HALSIN wasnt taking the relationship seriously. Which means Larian probabky wasn't either.
I d rather have them fix things around Halsin and add some dialogues on his solomance path than expanding poly things.

Halsin is always meant to be Tav's spare lover just because all SH, Astarion, Karlach refuse to do "poly" or share with other companions. SH, Astarion refer to Halsin as "fun" or "harmless affair" and never take relationship with Halsin as something serious or more than fun or harmless affair. It works with wood elf/high elf relationship and how they treat it, so it's kind of consistent.

Last edited by Netav; 10/03/24 08:13 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Netav
I d rather have them fix things around Halsin and add some dialogues on his solomance path than expanding poly things.

I agree, I was mainly just making a point. They can leave all the polymance epilogues as is as far as I'm concerned. He does need more dialogue and some cutscenes before reaching the Shadow Cursed Lands.

Halsin is always meant to be Tav's spare lover .

This is the problem, and this is what I dont like. Its the same when hes solomanced.

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 10/03/24 08:20 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
This is the problem, and this is what I dont like. Its the same when hes solomanced.
As I said, they will need to rewrite act1/act2 for Astarion and SH too at this point if they are to take him seriously, or just make them reject the idea like they do with others(including each other) in act 2.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
As I said, they will need to rewrite act1/act2 for Astarion and SH too at this point if they are to take him seriously, or just make them reject the idea like they do with others(including each other) in act 2.

The fact that he was written to be the spare lover, and only the spare lover, is the root of the issue. So at this point it doesnt matter which path you take, hes the spare. If the people polymancing him dont care about this and are happy about it thats fine. We all know who the waifus are its no secret. And if I did the polymance path I would be perfectly happy with it as is too.

But when hes also written to be my spare lover, when I have chosen him to be my only lover, thats an issue for me. And they really need to work on this, or at the very least keep it in mind for the next game.

F
F
As has already been said, having Halsin as a spare lover in a polymance is fine, it would have been to much work (and would have cost too much money) to add additional scenes, even imtimate scenes with a possible threesome just for only people who pursue this path to enjoy it.
Also, it could feel unfair if you romance two and you get twice the content. I know, everyone COULD play it, but not everyone WANTS to play this way.

What we need is full serious commitment when solomancing Halsin, you don't want to be punished just because you like this character the most and want to date exclusively him, especially if this is what was asked for in EA.
So that's what needs some work, he should provide the same relationship experience as the other companions.

Thank you!
journeyman
journeyman
my sad little druid had the worse run of romances and left Act 2 single and as Halsin was saved I at least had an option.

From a perspective of Halsins character in act 3 I don't really think he falls into the category people are putting him in .

The drow scene I will never touch though I have the discount due to the murder trial
Halsin says clearly all he wants is you but feels wrong about denying others the joys of being with you .
repeat "All I want is you "

the impression I got from before was that he was offering /forcing Tav into the multi lover situations abrasively I turned him down on previous Tavs as I tend to mess about with companions Act 1 then settle down in Act 2 usually with Astarion who is one of the them that says yes (though I don't believe he's happy about it) I still will not go the threesome route.

I think they could tidy it up a bit if Halsin ended up being your only romance his kiss scenes are sweet and I like him calling me "My heart" and asking for another kiss instead of constantly repeating can I kiss you .
they will indeed need to write in some solomance content however I think the voice actor has said its over and done with.

Personal wish list :
In thoughts and dreams they could put in the option to share a drink with him rather than him shooing us away in act 1 , act 2 once Oliver has returned to Thaniel could really be a trigger for a cutscene, Act 3 we can discuss saving the refugees and take them back to the shadowlands to repopulate the place say use Yenna for the trigger if you save her from Orin.

However maybe you need him to be an ACT 3 only thing maybe the developers thought what if Idiot Tav messes up all relationships in act 2 and are now feeling lonely give them an option .

not necessarily Halsin related just a comment regarding all companions.

I kind of fall back on 2nd chance romance for act 3 all those date scenes will pop up in act 3 giving you a chance with your highest approval companions not all maybe say 3 of them after the emperor reveal.

F
F
This latest interview that can be read on IGN tells me that there is no need for more feedback, as there will be no DLC or Definitive Edition and to be fair, we can't expect huge changes to come just with some possible patches.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
This latest interview that can be read on IGN tells me that there is no need for more feedback, as there will be no DLC or Definitive Edition and to be fair, we can't expect huge changes to come just with some possible patches.
What we(at least SH fans behalf) ask for, is not definitive/dlc worthy, bare minimum is kind of easy to do imo.

F
F
What we(at least SH fans behalf) ask for, is not definitive/dlc worthy, bare minimum is kind of easy to do imo.

I know what you mean, but afaik the voice actors have been done with their work for months now and only if they recorded all the stuff needed they could add this into the game. Any new feedback that has been posted and that needs more than some superficial work will most likely not gonna make it.
I'm glad if they surprise me and I was wrong, but I think we just have to accept that there won't be complete reworks or huge additions - except they already recorded those.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N

I know what you mean, but afaik the voice actors have been done with their work for months now and only if they recorded all the stuff needed they could add this into the game. Any new feedback that has been posted and that needs more than some superficial work will most likely not gonna make it.
I'm glad if they surprise me and I was wrong, but I think we just have to accept that there won't be complete reworks or huge additions - except they already recorded those.
Even then, bare minimum that we asked before doesn't include recording new lines. I am obviously talking about disapproval removal/banter lock.

F
F
Even then, bare minimum that we asked before doesn't include recording new lines. I am obviously talking about disapproval removal/banter lock.

Sure, stuff like this could happen, pretty sure they will do so if it's the narrative they want to have. With all the bugs still being around it could be somewhere way down on their to-do-list, but chances are small changes will make it.

Thank you!
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

Big sad

veteran
veteran
They might still do a definitive edition. The article only mentions no dlc, expansions, or BG4. There is also a big mod support patch coming, and there could be other patches as well!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Icelyn
They might still do a definitive edition. The article only mentions no dlc, expansions, or BG4. There is also a big mod support patch coming, and there could be other patches as well!

Gods I hope so but I keep swinging back and forth between hopelessness and cautious optimism.

I really would like a proper Halsin romance. Genuine moments of connection and bonding.

Page 45 of 49 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard