Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39
Originally Posted by deenasty
I can't agree with those who want to get all the companions in one replay (with flowers,cotton candy and kittens in the end). Minthara's choice is very adequate since getting closer to the Absolute (and her underwear optionally) is a good option of finding a cure. Tieflings and druids are useless for you, so if you are not playing a hero it is a 100% adequate choice.

BUT! Even after all fixes you will not get that amount of quests and dialogues from Minthara comparing to how much you lose. It's like losing 70% for getting 30% at the VERY LEAST.

So the is either a way of making more Minthara related content (quests, locations, even companions like DLC), which we might get in the future, or a more possible way of making her recruitable with others (which would be kinda dissapointing choice for me personally, but still viable).
Oh I am fully okay with Halsin still being allergic to Minthara from a recruitment perspective. It's just disappointing that the reason for the recruitment limitations for them is so wildly inconsistent. Halsin in spite of his dedication to the grove is okay with
fully murderhobo-ing every living thing in the grove as long as you didn't lead Minthara and the goblins to do it.
and meanwhile Minthara has no such contingency or consideration for circumstance. You either help her murder children, or ignore her long enough that the game moves on from the conflict and breaks a bunch of content contingent on killing the goblin leaders quest in spite of anything else you've achieved to ensure the safety of the Tieflings and the game's own narrative telling you explicitly the goblins aren't an organized threat without Minthara at the helm. And this huge discrepancy is especially wild because she was planned as a potential companion way before Halsin as far as anyone not on the dev team is aware.

Ideally recruiting her as a character that still wants to complete the quest to beat the goblin leaders doesn't even require much in the way of visible changes to the game (though I can't know for sure how much actual scripting work it would take). Knock out status just has to not render her dead according to the programming so that the game carries her forward even with the quest complete. Alternatively with more work she can be given a surrender condition perhaps after dealing with Gut and Ragzlin first and weakening her to half health, after which she escapes, maybe even with an opportunity to catch her with a dialogue skill check and finish her off anyway. You can still get Halsin, do his Act 2 stuff if you feel like, and if you save Minthara he leaves in disgust or something. On paper none of this conflicts with anything the game already does (though they might have to remove the line of code that instantly kills Halsin if they're both in camp so that he can be alive to let you know about his disgust and see himself out), and the Knock Out approach requires the absolute minimum of extra work to accomodate. And importantly, it stays true to them being impossible to have in the same party.

If the evil path in Act 1 was better considered and offered actual unique content (doesn't have to be rewards) or approaches of any kind to help balance out the immense losses for choosing it this wouldn't be a problem. But as is actively choosing evil in Act 1 is JUST flipping the off switch on a truly staggering amount of other content throughout the rest of the game (except maybe for Dark Urge? I'm not familiar with that playthrough yet but it would suck if they're the only Origin to get interesting and unique consequences for Act 1 evil).

Last edited by Auric; 06/09/23 03:12 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
She ain't, you will get exactly one dialogue confirming the romance and after that nothing. No interactions, no smaill dialogues.

Only things that are fixed is
1: the first romance convo,
2:when talking about party members that option (for that specific companion) is gone
3: the dialogue is now in the right order. (You cant ask if she is happy about ketheric's death if Ketheric is still alive).

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Tremere
She ain't, you will get exactly one dialogue confirming the romance and after that nothing. No interactions, no smaill dialogues.

Only things that are fixed is
1: the first romance convo,
2:when talking about party members that option (for that specific companion) is gone
3: the dialogue is now in the right order. (You cant ask if she is happy about ketheric's death if Ketheric is still alive).

damn does it mean that I won't get her romance contunued in Act 2? I have just freed her and talked a bit, that's all frown

apprentice
apprentice
She (and also our Skeleton friend) acknowledges the romance, and you can talk - better said consult her on various topics, where, when it comes up, it's clear that you too are together.

But at least as far as I have proceeded (1/3 of act 3) there won't be another scene, although she at one points says it'll happen that night. But I found it a bit early at that point, because I was still on neutral or fair relationship with her (I only can compare it to how it works with Shadowheart though), so that part might be still bugged or could come later.

Otherwise it works pretty normal though, you get some new dialogue at certain points and normally when you improve the approval rating to the next level.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Caelir
She (and also our Skeleton friend) acknowledges the romance, and you can talk - better said consult her on various topics, where, when it comes up, it's clear that you too are together.

But at least as far as I have proceeded (1/3 of act 3) there won't be another scene, although she at one points says it'll happen that night. But I found it a bit early at that point, because I was still on neutral or fair relationship with her (I only can compare it to how it works with Shadowheart though), so that part might be still bugged or could come later.

Otherwise it works pretty normal though, you get some new dialogue at certain points and normally when you improve the approval rating to the next level.

She approved EVERYTHING I did in Act 2 and I still have neutral approval from her, did you have the same issue?

apprentice
apprentice
Yes, it took a long time. I was actually worried, so started to go through all options to fish for approval but didn't find a lot in Act 2. I think I was in the upper 20s, maximum lower 30s at the end of Act 2. It will pick-up from there in act 3. I'm at "very high" (close to exceptional) now and haven' even killed a certain target yet.

apprentice
apprentice
Finished new game after hotfix 5 as dark urge. Tried both variants in act 3: accept/reject god. No final cutscene at the end of game with Minthara. (I have male character if it's important) Saw cutscene on youtube and remained dissapointed. Am I only one with this problem?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Bloodshed
Finished new game after hotfix 5 as dark urge. Tried both variants in act 3: accept/reject god. No final cutscene at the end of game with Minthara. (I have male character if it's important) Saw cutscene on youtube and remained dissapointed. Am I only one with this problem?

You might have an issue with getting the proper relationship flags. Did the Drow twins recognize her as your partner?

That's the only way to see if you've gotten the proper flags after doing the "mind meld" scene. The alurlssrin origin moment is still bugged, you don't get a new greeting/typical relationship options in her dialogue. The only other indicator comes at the very end of the game when you get the "our last moment/kiss" dialogue option and her end game related dialogue is relationship related.

I was able to get everything aside from the alurlssrin moment (Which I don't think anyone has gotten) on an old save after hotfix 5. I do believe the end game stuff is approval gated at very high or above. The first time I didn't get it (high approval iirc) then after blasting her approval to 100 it showed up.

apprentice
apprentice
Nope. Drow twins didn't recognize her as partner. Just straight on Minthara no other relationships. Then it's just still bugged relationship flags. It's frustrating.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I remember a bug with the mod where you couldn't get the proper flags unless you were already in a relationship. Some other reports of drow twins not recognizing were also from people with no prior relationships.

In my save I was partnered (starting mintharas relationship ends all your others), maybe same bug?

apprentice
apprentice
It's hard to check when your game is already finished to be honest. I guess you need to get back in act 1 before raiding a grove? That's a lot of time to check it. But as you describe it's definitely bugged if it requiers other relationship before raiding just to make flags work correctly. And still it won't be completed character because "alurlssrin" like problems.

Originally Posted by ldamzcw
The first time I didn't get it (high approval iirc) then after blasting her approval to 100 it showed up.
For my character 100% approve was at the middle of act 3 or earlier (no more approve triggers). Nothing happened.

In my save I was partnered (starting mintharas relationship ends all your others), maybe same bug?
In my save I have no relationships at all except Minthara. Denied every other companion.

Last edited by Bloodshed; 12/09/23 09:48 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Dunno why I've never seen someone mentioning this particular dialogue, but there is a huge hint about Mintara's pregnancy (as we know it was cut from the game) when you play evil Dark Urge and romance Minthara, here how it triggers in Act 3:

If you accept Bhaal after killing Orin, Sceleritas Fel will be your permanent in-camp companion and you can talk to it about your future. There you can ask if there is a place for a lover for you after take the crown for Bhaal. Then it answers that "of course, we need more Bhaalspawns" and mentions that a drow is a perfect choice (why?) and she might be already pregnant.

I wonder if there is more that they forgot? to cut.

You might have an issue with getting the proper relationship flags. Did the Drow twins recognize her as your partner?

That's the only way to see if you've gotten the proper flags after doing the "mind meld" scene. The alurlssrin origin moment is still bugged, you don't get a new greeting/typical relationship options in her dialogue. The only other indicator comes at the very end of the game when you get the "our last moment/kiss" dialogue option and her end game related dialogue is relationship related.

I was able to get everything aside from the alurlssrin moment (Which I don't think anyone has gotten) on an old save after hotfix 5. I do believe the end game stuff is approval gated at very high or above. The first time I didn't get it (high approval iirc) then after blasting her approval to 100 it showed up.
The primary problem is that almost no one is able to trigger these things under any circumstances. Pretty thematically appropriate for the nature of her bugs since the game launched, honestly. This particular example of you being able to get the romance dialogue while most others can't perfectly mirrors how prior to any fixes only some people could get the dialogue where she recognizes you from the evil camp party when you rescue her. Thanks for verifying that it SHOULD work on a pre-existing save though, cuz wow people were screaming pretty loud about needing to start a new save when the realization first hit that she was still buggy as hell.

I am DEEPLY curious why her dialogue triggers are so deeply unreliable though. It's like when they pivoted to making Halsin a full companion they forgot to keep her up to date with the game build. Like yeah all the dialogue trees I'm sure can get sensitive in a game with this much of it but I honestly can't think of a specific reason her dialogues are such a problem compared to every other character.

Last edited by Auric; 13/09/23 04:28 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Auric

The primary problem is that almost no one is able to trigger these things under any circumstances. Pretty thematically appropriate for the nature of her bugs since the game launched, honestly. This particular example of you being able to get the romance dialogue while most others can't perfectly mirrors how prior to any fixes only some people could get the dialogue where she recognizes you from the evil camp party when you rescue her. Thanks for verifying that it SHOULD work on a pre-existing save though, cuz wow people were screaming pretty loud about needing to start a new save when the realization first hit that she was still buggy as hell.

I am DEEPLY curious why her dialogue triggers are so deeply unreliable though. It's like when they pivoted to making Halsin a full companion they forgot to keep her up to date with the game build. Like yeah all the dialogue trees I'm sure can get sensitive in a game with this much of it but I honestly can't think of a specific reason her dialogues are such a problem compared to every other character.

I assume that there might be an issue with her approval getting high levels for too long, you can miss her scripted dialogues like Orin-related because you still don't have the highest approval. In current patch I could not get her approval high enough even in Act 3, so I just stopped trying to play fair with a bugged game smile I reloaded in Act 2 after saving her, maxed her approval with cheats and she immediately started to talk to me as a partner with all consequences in Act 3. I should have done it earlier without wasting my time.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Ah yeah and she finally started talking with other companions after I maxed her approval.

apprentice
apprentice
Tbh in both plays (as tav and urge) never saved the grove and always raided it. It feels frustrating to play in act 3 because of this bug (you automatically lose 3 companions with complete and working story if you raid the grove: halsin, wyll and karlach). Sent bug report already.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Baldur's Gate 3: 10 Reasons To Romance Minthara

https://gamerant.com/baldurs-gate-3-bg3-reasons-why-romance-minthara/

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
D
stranger
stranger
D
Can also confirm, the drow twins don't recognize her for me either even if I cheat her approval up to 100 and only have her in the party. Sucks, I really hope this gets fixed in Patch 3.

D
stranger
stranger
D
It's there any news about Minthara getting more love in the upcoming patches? Went back to my Evil Playtrough after finding out that a great part of her voice lines had been fixed and the only thing that I got from her "romance" was some dialog with no actions behind it, sincerely right now it doesn't feel rewarding to forgo any of the starting companions romances for a little bit of dialog.

apprentice
apprentice
Well. Checked all old saves near the end of game including endgame. Still not fixed. (Patch 3)

Last edited by Bloodshed; 22/09/23 03:23 PM.
Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard